As the growth of Berenberg Capital Markets LLC continues, we are looking to add multiple Equity Research Associates to the firm. The unique nature of our company allows for very early responsibility as well as accelerated coverage of stocks, working directly alongside the Senior Research Analysts. We have had great success if finding exceptional talent from the CPA background previously and we think offer a great opportunity for hungry, ambitious and markets focused individuals to make a career transition into Equities.
As the growth of Berenberg Capital Markets LLC continues, we are looking to add multiple Equity Research Associates to the firm. The unique nature of our company allows for very early responsibility as well as accelerated coverage of stocks, working directly alongside the Senior Research Analysts. We have had great success if finding exceptional talent from the CPA background previously and we think offer a great opportunity for hungry, ambitious and markets focused individuals to make a career transition into Equities. As we value this pipeline of talent, we have experience in developing people from this background and have a dedicated Associate Academy training programme offering external training, workshops and structured on the job learning to support your ongoing professional development after your career change to Research.
- Conducting research on a range of companies within a specified sector, attendance at company presentations, attendance of meetings with company management, researching company accounts/reports and other sources and drafting research notes
- Financial modelling and valuation
- Analysing numerous data sources to produce recommendations
- Support on sector coverage on a day to day basis; to include but not limited to: checking the news each morning, writing flash notes, updating models, working on short and long-term research projects, etc.
- Liaising with various internal counterparts, including sales, ECM, trading, etc.
- Communicating with company managements when necessary.
- Attending industry and company events.
- Support on cross-sector related projects, including notes and presentations.
- Support on cross-sector related events, including lunches, seminars, and conferences.
- Creation and maintenance of a regular sector summary product. (integrate with London’s product if possible).
- CPA Qualification with 1st time passes at one of the Big 4 accounting firms is a significant advantage; Teams such as Capital Markets, Transaction Services, Valuation, Deal Advisory etc are also highly-valued;
- Previous experience in consulting or other commercial and analytical roles will also be considered
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Enthusiasm to make the move into the Equity Research field and a real interest in the US Equities landscape
- Evidence of clear analytical thinking; Strong attention to detail
- Works productively in a high pressure environment
- Passion for Equities (particularly Small-Mid Cap) and deep-dive research
- Advanced IT skills, particularly in MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of company valuations and financial modelling
- CFA level 1 as a minimum is highly valued
Berenberg Capital Markets LLC (BCM) is a FINRA-registered US-based broker-dealer; its headquarters are located in New York, with branches in Boston and San Francisco. BCM is a wholly owned, independent subsidiary of Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG (Berenberg), one of Europe’s leading privately-owned banks, established in 1590. Together BCM and Berenberg cover approximately 800 European and US equities, with a 120+ person research department based out of London and NYC. Building on its strength and expertise across multiple industries, BCM continues to rapidly expand the breadth of research, sales, trading and capital markets services it offers, in order to assist its institutional and corporate clients’ access to the global equity markets. BCM adopts the same principles as its parent company and is committed to building long-term relationships with its clients based on high levels of accountability, responsibility, insight, vision and expertise.