Equity Research Associate - US Steel
Jefferies, the largest independent full-service global investment banking firm headquartered in the U.S., has served companies and investors for over 55 years. Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, and foreign exchange markets, as well as a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses operating in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a leading financial services company focused on creating long-term value for shareholders. Jefferies Group LLC's principal operating subsidiaries are Jefferies LLC in the U.S., Jefferies International Limited in Europe and Jefferies Hong Kong Limited in Asia. Jefferies International Limited is authorized and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority. Position Summary:
Jefferies is seeking an equity research associate to support the Natural Resources Group covering Steel. The candidate will support the bank research team in delivering extensive company and industry research, constructing detailed financial/valuation models, and marketing written research recommendations to clients and institutional salespeople. Responsibilities will include:
Qualifications Key qualifications:
- Creation and maintenance of earnings and valuation models.
- Analysis of industry trends and compilation of findings.
- Production of weekly and monthly written research publications.
- Development of relationships with management teams and industry contacts.
- Communication of stock views and industry themes to institutional investors, trading desks, and other internal constituencies within Jefferies.
- Extremely strong work ethic with a focus on teamwork
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Quantitative aptitude and proficiency in Excel.
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects.
- Intellectual interest in equity markets and macroeconomics.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, economics, finance, math, or other quantitative fields.