Equity Research Analyst - Semiconductors
As a Barclays Equity Research Analyst, you will have the opportunity to analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the senior analyst covering Semiconductors research. You'll build and maintain financial models and industry databases as well as review various sources to synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the senior analyst. You will be able to research, analyse and forecast the impact of technology and varying corporate strategies.
This role is regulated by FINRA.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Analyzing industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the Senior analyst covering Semiconductors research
- Building and maintaining financial models and industry databases for evaluating companies and market segments
- Reviewing business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the Senior analyst
- Preparing research reports varying from quick briefs on earnings results or strategic events to more in-depth, original thought pieces on a range of topics
- Communicating recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders
- Researching, analyzing and forecasting the impact of technology as well as varying corporate strategies
- Developing marketing materials for clients and attend expert panel discussions and industry conferences where appropriate
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strong academic background with Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or related field
- 3+ years of technology research experience or investment banking experience required
- 3+ years of experience in business modeling, financial statement analysis and working with large data sets
- Good analytical and problem solving skills as well as demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communication skills
Where will you be working?
- FINRA licensing: SIE, S63, S86, S87. If not registered, we will sponsor
- Knowledge of covered companies and a strong interest in the subject matter
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail in a time sensitive environment
- Resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and proven leadership qualities as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.