Equity Research Analyst - Internet
As a Barclays Research Analyst, you will provide insightful analysis of global stock markets and companies. You will have the opportunity to analyse industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the Internet Senior Analyst. You will also research, analyse and forecast the impact of technology as well as varying corporate strategies. You will communicate recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders. What will you be doing?
• Building and maintaining financial models and industry databases for evaluating companies and market segments
• Reviewing publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources in order to gather, synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the Senior Analyst
• Preparing research reports varying in size and scope from quick briefs on earnings results or strategic events to more in-depth, original thought pieces on a range of topics
• Communicating recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders
• Researching, analysing and forecasting the impact of technology as well as varying corporate strategies
• Developing marketing materials for clients and attending expert panel discussions and industry conferences where appropriate What we're looking for:
• Strong academic background and a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or a related field
• Up to one year of related financial experience in Research or Banking with strong interest in the Internet sector
• Up to one year of experience in financial modelling, financial statement analysis and working with large data sets required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Skills that will help you in the role:
• FINRA licensing: SIE, S63, S86, S87 (if not registered, we will sponsor)
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong PC literacy or demonstrated aptitude to learn quickly
• Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and to work in a time sensitive environment
• Resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and proven leadership qualities as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details. About Barclays
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group. Our Values
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it. Our Diversity
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. Our Benefits
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us. Regulated Role
This role is regulated by FINRA