What will you be doing?
• Analyzing industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the Senior analyst covering Chinese Internet research
• Building and maintaining financial models and industry databases for evaluating companies and market segments
• Reviewing business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the Senior analyst
• Preparing research reports varying from quick briefs on earnings results or strategic events to more in-depth, original thought pieces on a range of topics
• Communicating recommendations to sales, trading, management teams, institutional investor clients and other important stakeholders
• Researching, analyzing and forecasting the impact of technology as well as varying corporate strategies
• Developing marketing materials for clients and attend expert panel discussions and industry conferences where appropriate
What we’re looking for:
• Strong academic background with Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field. CFA or MBA is a plus
• Fluency in English and Mandarin is required for this position
• Five or more years of related financial experience in Chinese Internet Research or Banking required with knowledge of Chinese Internet companies and landscape also required
• Five or more years of strong financial experience including financial modeling, financial statement analysis and working with large data sets required
Skills that will help you in the role:
• FINRA licensing: SIE, S63, S86, S87. If not registered, we will sponsor
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as demonstrable excellence in written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail in a time sensitive environment
• Resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and proven leadership qualities as well as the ability to work effectively in a team environment
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.