A multi billion dollar global hedge fund has a vacancy in their New York location. They are currently seeking a strong quantitative researcher to support their 20+ equity PMs.
A multi billion dollar global hedge fund has a vacancy in their New York location. They are currently seeking a strong quantitative researcher to support their 20+ equity PMs on a diverse range of topics from alpha research all the way to risk management. This position would have close contact and visibility to senior portfolio managers and would provide a quantitative perspective to more fundamentally leaning colleagues.
- Generating and executing ideas for equity investment research collaboratively with portfolio managers and PM teams
- Conduct alpha research and explore new sources of alt data
- Collaborating with equity PMs on key research findings and communicating portfolio analysis results
- Assist in portfolio construction through your research
- Strong quantitative skills and high level of problem solving ability
- Proficiency in a data analysis language (Python preferred)
- Ability to generate ideas and provide fresh insight on existing problems
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with the ability to intuitively identify new approaches
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to communicate complex topics to a diverse audience of stakeholders
- 2+ years experience in investment management role or quantitative equity
- Advanced degree preferred