-Bachelors in highly-analytical or technical field with 3.5 GPA minimum: CS, EE, MechEng, Math, Statistics, Physics or other related field Masters or PhD preferred
-Demonstrated strong CS fundamentals/experience
-Strong quantitative/analytical skills
- 2-6 years experience at hedge fund or top tier bank
The Central Risk Book aggregates trades made by Fundamental Equity Portfolio Managers and combines them into a single book before executing them, optimizing the trade execution.
Trade Equities and related hedging instruments and generally looks at alpha on hours-to-days timespan given the size and liquidity of the underlying trades.
May interact with Execution Research, Algo Research, and Trade Analytics groups
Day to Day:
Create a market between our PMs and the market through execution – not pure alpha research – using highly quantitative, automated methods:
- Manage the risk of the book, using both systematic and discretionary views
- Oversee the trading process, including understanding the ways trades are generated
- Understand sources of return and implications for trading costs
- Engage with market-side execution algorithms, understand how they work, and contribute to the efforts to measure their performance
- Work to source liquidity from alternate liquidity sources, such as bilateral trading with the sell-side
- Work closely with Quant Researchers: use trading intuition and mathematical knowledge to suggest hypotheses for research process and to understand their research results
- Contribute to the efforts to measure/quantify performance/benefits/outcomes of various processes and initiatives
-Operational support of the CLB, automating processes whenever possible (ex: manual reconciliations related to tech platform transition, working with trade support team to resolve or escalate issues)
- Highly Quantitative: Strong Stats/Math
- Highly Analytical
- Fluent at Coding (language agnostic, but comfortable with automation and data manipulation)
Industry Experience / Skills / Knowledge / Products:
Market insight & how markets/asset classes interact ("Economic Intuition")
Experience with high complexity trading/models and high flow trading
Experience with messy/noisy data
Especially useful areas:
Program Trading/ETFs/Equity Derivatives/High Frequency/Options Market Making
Additionally helpful knowledge/exposure:
- Market Microstructure
- Market Impact
- Risk Management
For a discrete conversation about this role please reach out to our Executive Search Consultant Jackie Banner
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to candidates who have had previous experience and a successful track record.
“You’re the specialist in your sector, We’re the specialist in recruitment"