Equity Index Product Manager
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg indices are used as the basis of investment products and for bench-marking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices. What's the Role?
You'll be joining a fast growing and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. You will be focusing on the construction and commercialization of equity indices, product positioning, and helping drive the commercial success of the business. You would work closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, PR teams, and participate in client meetings globally. You'll help develop new Bloomberg terminal analytics that will transform the index industry.
Regarding domain expertise, you'll have deep knowledge of index construction, the index industry and the asset management industry.
You'll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You'll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You'll also have great interpersonal skills. You'll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with very high visibility within the organization and the investment community. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop equity index methodologies for developed and emerging market indices
- Contribute meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and product vision of the index product offering
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-based solutions
- Deep knowledge of equity data (e.g., corporate actions, fundamentals), equity markets and the equity index industry
- Deep understanding of day-to-day governance determinations on index events
- Hands-on product experience from an index background
- Proven track record in global equity benchmark development
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets
- Analytic programming experience e.g., R, Python
- Understanding of investment process, portfolio theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- Excellent industry relationships
- 7+ years of index industry experience
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.