Equity Derivatives Automation Strat
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 19 Oct 18
Equity Derivatives Automation Strat
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
The Equity Derivatives Automation Strats team is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the models and systems used for pricing and trading equity derivatives.
Starting with our equity options franchise, our broad mandate is to research models and build infrastructure to improve workflows and systematize trading strategies.
We model and implement processes for price discovery and market calibration as well as finding parameterizations for things like equity funding spreads and vol surfaces.
Additionally, we build out the infrastructure for automated trading, such as the quoting system and request for quote processes including the automated calculation of bid and offer prices.
Your work will directly impact the Securities Division and help shape the next generation of equity derivatives trading platforms.
You will also have a high level of ownership in building out models and tools to analyze trade execution rates, market share, P&L, and risk.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
Throughout the Securities Division, strategists are using quantitative and technological techniques to solve complex business problems. As an Automation Strat, you will play an integral role on the trading floor and work directly with traders to create cutting-edge solutions by:
- Researching new models for pricing and risk management in our equity derivatives franchise
- Building new platforms that implement our models in robust and efficient code, often taking advantage of parallelization and distributed computation
- Reworking existing model infrastructure to improve speed, resiliency and data capture at all levels
- Working closely with the trading desk and infrastructure teams to eliminate waste and inefficiencies in our existing workflows
We are looking for engineers who are motivated to build out the next generation of trading solutions for the firm and want to work in a fast-paced production environment to keep up with the markets.
This role is for you if you are equally excited about creating pricing models as you are about writing flexible and resilient code to implement your algos.
- Academic background in a STEM discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Financial Engineering
- 2+yrs experience writing code in a structured language (C, C++, Java, etc.) for real-time processing applications
- Analytical background including an understanding of applied math, probability, or statistics
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.