The role supports the Equities PB and Clearing business. Products include Equity PB, Cash equities, structured notes, OTC derivatives
This role manages has oversight functions over near-shore team supporting Equities PB, Cash Equities and OTC derivatives and provides all relevant reporting and analysis of financial metrics (P&L, Attribution, Various control functions, etc.) to the business and Finance management.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- A good understanding of the equity business and functions related to product control which includes understanding of the P&L process, P&L explain process and performing various controls
- Provide value-add analysis to business/client and Senior Finance management on weekly/monthly/quarterly basis
- Provide meaningful commentary on the P&L drivers on a daily basis. Explain the attributes of the daily profit & loss (P&L) based on underlying risk components
- Partner with various support groups to help facilitate the daily BAU process. Act as a liaison between Finance and Front Office to analyze the accuracy of trade / position valuations.
- Take full ownership of the daily P&L process and perform oversight function for near-shore team.
- Be able to Research and resolve P&L discrepancies between Front Office and Finance which will include working with Operations, the Trading Desk, IT, Financial Reporting, and Market Risk Control.
- Perform daily due diligence for new trades and explain any difference between estimates vs actual P&L.
Project and Other Responsibilities:
- Document and maintain our Groups’ policies and procedures
- Preparation of P&L reports and analysis. Examples include business review and ad hoc requests from the Front Office
- Attend to internal/external audit and regulatory inquiries
- Sponsor and help with delivery of strategic change projects and its implementation
Skills & Qualifications:
- Sophis knowledge is preferred for calculating P&L and Attribution
- Strong Excel skills required
- Strong analytical skills required and ability to multitask.
- Ability to build relationships and partner with staff at all levels, including senior management
- Must have good communication and writing skills. Self-starter and highly motivated.