Enterprise Trading Platform - Data Architect
ENTERPRISE PLATFORM DATA ARCHITECT
Enterprise Trading Platform (ETP) engineering team designs, builds and maintains the foundational infrastructure of Bloomberg's award-winning enterprise Order Management System (OMS) products: TOMS (sell-side) and AIM (buy-side). We design and develop highly-available, scalable software that supports cross-asset financial trading to some of the largest global financial institutions in the world.
Enterprise Services is a mission critical data services platform that allows frameworks such as Transaction Management System (TMS) to store and manage the lifecycle of business entities in a consistent manner, providing transparency and traceability across a firm's trading enterprise. We view TMS to be the fully automated cloud-agnostic common data platform for
Enterprise Products catering to our OLTP and client OLAP/ML needs.
Adhering to Domain Driven Design, we work with partner Product and ENG teams to develop Enterprise Domains for their business areas. Our architecture goals include scalability, flexibility, modularity, transparency and simplicity. Our work includes building asynchronous messaging pipelines, designing microservices hosted in Cloud Platforms to apply business logic, and integration with modern open-source technologies.
As data architect you will work closely with Product, Client Engineering towards building out data model coverage for business domains across Trading and Investment lifecycle. In doing so, you will conduct functional and data analysis on various sources, profile data content, translate business needs into (requirements for) various types of data models (conceptual, business data model, message schema, semantic models, database model). You will author Catalogue glossary, data definitions, metadata and contribute towards implementing Data Management processes with Automation Engineering. You will also provide requisite input (access patterns, data volatility, privacy, NFR, etc.) for message and storage schema and also design test cases for model conformance You'll need to have:
We'd love to see:
- Data design (how to organize data) skills for various transactional and analytical demands
- Data and Functional Analysis
- Knowledge of Financial Domain for Trading and Investment Management value-chain
- Expertise in data modeling methods for Conceptual, Logical modeling and familiar with design considerations for designing database and message schemas 0 Experience with Domain Driven Design methodology, modeling styles (E/R, OO, Semantic, etc.), and tool-set (ER Studio, PowerDesigner, ERWin, etc
- A self-starter approach with a strong sense of ownership
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Economics, Statistics or related field
- Conversant with Industry messaging, and ability to identify leverage depending upon context (FIX for Order, FpML for OTC Trade, ISO15022, SWIFT for Settlement and Asset Servicing, etc.) and model features (naming, enumeration, state machine, etc. Familiar with industry trends in Instrument symbology, CFI, etc.
- Expertise in Data Mesh/ Lake/ Data Warehouse design methodologies (dimensional modeling) and creation of canonical/organizational reference models
- Experience with source to target mapping, data transformation, and cloud technologies
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.