Enterprise Technology - Implementation Specialist
Who We Are:
Enterprise Technology, ETEC, are a trusted authority for fixing, resolving and owning issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting applications and connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg's clients.
We are results-oriented and set ourselves ambitious business goals. We cultivate a culture where you will work with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with and this is regarded as more important than titles or position. Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver and don't shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive with change. You love being a great teammate and someone clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn and deliver the best service possible. What's The Role?
As a member of the ETEC Implementation group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and products.
This individual will be a trusted authority for troubleshooting, resolving and "owning" issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly. Passionate about delivering new implementations through to supporting the client in production and be strategically focused on the overall customer experience and deepening our relationship with them.
You will be responsible for the management of a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including (but not limited to) FIX, MQ, XML, SWIFT and Bloomberg APIs. We'll Trust You To:
You'll Need to Have:
- Be responsible for the implementations projects from inception to completion and provide production support for existing clients. This includes building and certifying new connections and trading workflows, configuring applications for these services, and completing post-production testing and managing go-live
- Partner with Engineering and Product teams to craft and implement future system and Product improvements and prevent system issues
- Collaborate with internal partners such as the Product team to provide client feedback collated through the certification process
- Work closely with our clients and our internal Product, Trade-desk, and Engineering groups to facilitate expectations, influence and expedite implementation and resolution
- Examine root cause statistics for trends in production issues, partnering with clients to ensure preventative measures are implemented successfully
- Conduct availability and capacity planning by analyzing client flows and trading statistics, help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
- Tailor your communication according to the client audience for both technical and non-technical users, including objection handling
- Understand and communicate technology roadmaps to clients so there is both transparency and alignment between our organisations
We'd Love to See:
- Experience working in similar electronic trading application implementation roles
- Exposure to Fixed Income, FX, and/or Equities trading workflows as well as MiFID and SFTR regulations concerning trade and transaction reporting
- Solid grasp of Message Protocols including: FIX, SFTP, or MQ is highly preferable
- Experience in Linux and/or UNIX operating systems and commands
- Familiarity with networks and connectivity troubleshooting (LAN/WAN, TCP/IP)
- An ability to articulate, write and own technology stack mappings
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, work with sense of urgency, multi-task, and effectively prioritize work within a dynamic changing environment.
- Proven history of solving sophisticated problems with a keen eye for detail and strong analytical mentality
- Proven track record in communicating with senior level technologists/operations
If This Sounds Like You:
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to run multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously
- Exposure to Broker/Dealers, Exchanges, Hedge Funds and Regulatory Reporting requirements
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.