Enterprise Systems Solutions - Workday Senior Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
Enterprise Systems Solutions - Workday Senior Associate
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Enterprise Systems Solutions (ESS) practice comprises a global network of professionals who provide a full range of services that drive companies to fully leverage enabling technologies and IT assets to enable business processes. Our teams bring industry-leading controls experience and expertise across multiple platforms, technologies and data.
Our teams provide multiple services, including:
-Enterprise systems controls integration and optimization;
-Enterprise system pre/post implementation services;
-Implementation of GRC enabled technologies;
-System implementation assurance;
-Program and portfolio assessments; and,
-Enterprise reporting and XBRL.
PwC ESS professionals bring the right mix of risk and controls experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialized skill sets into a client's environment. This mix of knowledge provides an integrated view beyond ERP to connect data in more meaningful ways.
Along with an end to end view of the IT ecosystem to drive efficiency, effectiveness and control for our clients.
Our Workday professionals will provide a broad range of assessments and recommendation services specific to Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Financials (FIN) and full platform implementations of Workday related to security and controls around the financial reporting process, including business processes and IT management controls. The team provides multiple services related to security and controls assessment, design, recommendation and configuration of Workday and supporting technologies including:
- Assessing, recommending and configuring financial and operational controls around the Workday application;
- Pre and post-implementation assurance reviews of the Workday implementation/major upgrades;
- Workday project assurance services (including gate reviews);
- Application security and segregation of duties;
- Sarbanes-Oxley readiness and controls optimization services; and,
- Utilization of existing Workday functionality to replace/enhance manual controls.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 years of experience in ERP controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing. Minimum 1 year of experience with Workday.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or other business field of study.
Certification(s) Preferred: Workday Financials or HCM certification, CISA, CRISC or CGEIT highly preferred.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success
in managerial roles involving, designing, implementing, and/or assessing controls as it relates to Workday and other ERP application product suites
core financials, Human Capital Management
including the following areas:
- Understanding of Workday implementations, configurationsÃ¢â,¬â€e.g. security and control, and/or optimizations of business process controls and application security, especially with Workday Financial Data Model and Core HCM;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships;
- Performing as a team leader, especially leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Leading the planning and execution of projects.projects as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist within a professional services firm or large enterprise, including interfacing with clients on control solutions.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Engaging actively in client projects within a professional services environment utilizing creative thinking skills and individual initiative;
- Understanding clients' business, industry and/or technologies and leveraging extensive project management skills in relation to Workday projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverablesÃ¢â,¬â¢ schedules, as well as defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, and billing and collection;
- Identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley readiness, controls optimization, as well as configuration of controls around security, business process and within the Workday;
- Collaborating with systems integrators in developing business requirements and business controls in Workday implementations; and,
- Coaching and collaborating with associates who assist with this work, including providing coaching, feedback and guidance on work performance.