Enterprise Data - Research Data Product Manager
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data continues to be a market leader and the enterprise data provider of choice for the financial services industry. Our offering includes market leading data, analytics and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology, and high touch client service model. The team:
The Bloomberg Reference Data Business team is on the front line. We work hard to build best-in-class data products that service client demand for completeness, timeliness and high quality reference and fundamental data. The business is core to our Enterprise Data offering with many data categories including, but not limited to, instrument level reference data, terms and conditions, corporate actions, classifications, capital structure, fundamentals, ESG and Supply Chain across public and private markets.
Our team is responsible for identifying, creating and designing Enterprise Data solutions that leverage Bloomberg's proprietary analytics and industry-leading data. This requires an in-depth understanding of the data supply chain, from data sourcing and processing to the delivery of that data to our client's database and front-end applications. The role:
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead our Company Financials offering and to grow our suite of research products.
You understand what moves markets and makes the news in order to anticipate the ever-changing needs of investors all over the world. You are passionate about building data products that empower our users by providing the most relevant and differentiated research and fundamental data possible. At the cross section of capital markets and data, you understand the challenges of customers to ingest and manipulate data in their investment analysis. You are a self-starter with true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the vision and know how to leverage technology to create meaningful and efficient data solutions for our clients. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Perform market research and competitive analysis, as well as analyze technology trends to identify new business opportunities and contribute to the group's overall business plan and strategy for Bloomberg's research data
- Effectively manage data product specification, prioritization, and backlog by continually addressing business needs through an agile process
- Make features, schedule and cost tradeoffs near completion by capturing early customer feedback
- Set, track and review metrics for desired product outcomes and clearly communicate product vision, roadmap, and development status and execute through collaboration with global data specialists, sales, engineers and support organization
- Document and deliver product information and product updates to stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, support functions, clients) and our client facing enterprise data product catalog such as ingestion guidelines, use cases and marketing material
- Maintain regular contact with industry participants, clients, auditors, regulators, etc. and present on webinars, client seminars, industry conferences and other events
Does this sound like you?
- More than 5 years of experience in a Product Management role or related experience in building data solutions using Scrum/Agile methodology
- Strong leadership skills and experience, with emphasis on executing projects in a matrix organization
- Acute problem-solving and analytical skills (in particular, experience conducting product discovery by analyzing operational/ usage data and interviewing users)
- Experience setting and executing against product metrics / OKRs
- A passion for capital markets, preferably in broad range of asset classes
- Proficiency in Python or similar programming languages typically used in data science and data engineering
- A Bachelor's degree or higher
Apply if you think you're a match! We'll be in touch right away with next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.