Enterprise Agile Coach
Enterprise Agile Coach The Location:
New York What we're looking for:
S&P Global Platts is looking for an Enterprise Agile Coach who is passionate about helping teams realize their full potential by coaching and enabling the organization to deliver outstanding product as fast as possible while having fun. The ability to coach, mentor and teach teams, as well as, work closely with senior management to advance agility at the enterprise level are key components for success in this position. We would like someone who appreciates the depths of agile practices and principles and can help teams appreciate them, too. Someone who can help management at all levels of the organization to understand the benefits of working agile and who can assist in raising and removing organizational impediments.
Those job duties include:
- Collaborates on the creation and evolution of the PMO lean-agile transformation roadmap and owns driving activities across the organization including agile in non-it agile teams.
- Engage stakeholders and senior leadership to ensure there is alignment between the organization's mission, vision, goals and objectives of technology initiatives including the appropriate level of communication, visibility, and transparency of that alignment with the development teams
- Coach/mentor individual leaders, managers, product managers, and agile leads in the agile mindset, principles, behaviors, and values of servant leadership needed to transform the organization
- Help define and advance best practices for scaling and optimizing the agile practice in alignment with the PMO vision.
- Instigate change and continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the teams and quality of all software engineering deliverables, fostering unified development strategies inclusive of DevOps, QA, Architecture and UX and a customer-feedback driven agile development strategy
- Work with Product Management to ensure the organization's product roadmaps align with the vision, mission and goals and that there is a focus on customer value
- Develops and monitors metrics to track progress of Agile adoption and maturity to aid in accelerating overall Agile best practices
- Participates, organizes, facilitates communities of practice to help foster lean and agile thinking
- Develops training materials and deliver across the organization
- Works with HR to align and train the agile mindset/skill gaps/job titles
- Work with Finance to align the financial needs of active initiatives and the existing budgeting process
- Work with Finance to establish flexible budgeting process aligned more to the technology funding process
- May at times fill various roles based on organizational needs and your own abilities, including: Scrum Master and Team Coach
- Emotional intelligence, level-headed diplomat, skilled listener and clean communicator
- Teacher and coach with strong empathy traits, able to remain objective and constructive in all situations
- Broad and deep technology experience
- Management experience
- Executive, boardroom skills
- Patient, persistent, optimistic, self-motivated and determined; results driven and goal oriented
- A consummate learner with an open mind. Extremely curious.
- Expert in Agile Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development and software engineering principles and practices
- Knowledgeable in systems thinking, design thinking and organizational behavior
- Knowledgeable in agile scaling frameworks and strategies including SAFe, Lean, LeSS, Nexus, Scrum at Scale, Enterprise Scrum, DaD
- Knowledgeable in agile tools and applications such as Atlassian JIRA, CA Rally, VersionOne, Pivotal Tracker, Trello
- Knowledge of Organizational Change Management techniques and challenges
- Critical thinking, problem solving and lateral thinking skills
- Ability to facilitate constructive debate and resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively
- Ability to develop and foster teamwork. Ability to gauge how the team is doing and to drive the necessary actions to improve
- Comfortable in ambiguous environments, able to lead with little direction and set strategic goals based on experience
- Either demonstrable experience in depth and breadth of agile experience or a combination of professional certification(s) along with that experience
- Agile Coaching (ability to coach multiple teams in the principles of Agile and the practices of Scrum / Kanban)
- A track record of leadership in Agile transformation in large organizations
- Proven knowledge of the application of Agile at scale and demonstrated ability to coach and lead the cultural and organizational change to make it work
- A passion and commitment to your own personal development demonstrated by participation in Agile Industry activities and groups as speaker, volunteer or organizer
- Strong communication/presentation skills to effectively interact with clients, internal teams and leadership
- Coaching Certification a plus (ICP-ACC, Co-Active, ORSC, CEC, CTC, SPC)
- 10 plus years of experience managing
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
258344 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States