- New York, NY, USA
- Temporary, Part time
- 24 Nov 17
Engineering & Technology Internships
Location: New York, NY, USAEngineering and Technology interns will gain hands on experience as a developing software engineer while working at the intersection of finance and technology. We leverage current and emerging technologies to help our clients manage risk and meet regulatory requirements. We are looking for team players who are passionate about data and technology and who want to grow professionally and personally.
Interns working in Engineering and Technology can expect to:
- Make meaningful contributions to front-end or back-end software development projects
- Learn new languages and best practices in software engineering
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with other roles, including product owners, user experience designers, project managers, and business analysts
Successful candidates may be placed in one of the following areas:
- Platform Technology Solutions
- Enterprise Risk Solutions
- Economics E-Commerce
- Structured Analytics & Valuation
Moody's Information Technology:
- Architecture & Engineering
- Business Systems Delivery
- Infrastructure Services
- Working toward a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Be passionate about learning and working with any or all of the following: Java, .NET, Scala, Apache Spark, Hadoop, AngularJS, React, Python, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure
- Excellent listening, verbal and English communication skills
- Positive, self-starter attitude and the drive to exceed expectations at every opportunity
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of work
- Have a desire to understand the bigger picture and how your work contributes to it
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.2 or higher
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.