Engineering Program Manager - Data Services
Bloomberg runs on data. It's our business and our product. From the biggest banks to the most elite hedge funds, financial institutions need timely, accurate data to capture opportunities and evaluate risk in fast-moving markets. Data Services is responsible for core data and analytics services that provide a single point of entry for Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise applications to retrieve any kind of data available in Bloomberg. Our services serve more than 300 billion requests per day which only keeps on growing year over year. It is imperative that not only we provide high quality data but also metadata to describe the data with richer context, capture relationships and most importantly allow programmatic consumption of data with higher-order cross-asset analytics.
A great majority of Bloomberg engineering teams are either our clients or providers. They look to us to guide them to modern design. They link in our libraries and use our services. In other scenarios, we work with many groups across engineering to adopt our vision and new design patterns.
We have been growing very fast both in usage, scope and size over the past couple of years (more than doubled our size). As a result we are looking for an enthusiastic problem solver and a senior level program manager to join us and help deliver these efforts.
This position involves collaborating with the product management, stakeholders and development teams. We will trust you to:
You will need to have:
- Plan major programs which coordinate with every development and cross-development teams to support adoption of new technology, implementation efforts, and standardization of technology and process.
- Excel in managing day-to-day projects but also keep an eye on the big picture and not be afraid to upend existing systems and processes if need be.
- Partner with agile development teams within Engineering to help develop and track product roadmaps.
- Create accountability with clear progress reporting based on a deep understanding of where barriers to execution exist.
- Improve team's performance by encouraging team cohesiveness through leadership and mentoring to facilitate successful delivery.
- Define, execute and promote processes that establish transparency among all stakeholders.
- Influence and advice on adherence to the project management framework.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment requiring good judgment and flexibility.
We'd love to see:
- 5-8 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- 4+ years of experience working with agile development practices and proven track record of implementing Agile project management techniques.
- Experience in SDLC and software development methodologies.
- Experience in managing and maintaining project inventory, prioritizing and categorization of tasks, costs and risks in a fast-moving environment.
- Experience in full life-cycle project management for large-scale system implementations, leading projects with geographically dispersed teams.
- Demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Exhibit a results-oriented attitude and ability to follow through on tasks in a timely and responsible manner.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with using JIRA for planning and tracking
- Big 4 consulting experience
- PMP, CSM, SAFe Certification