Engagement Lead Emerging Technologies - AI/ML, Blockchain
Who we are
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
- Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets)
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion)
In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums. What we are doing
BNY Mellon recently announced the launch of a newly formed global digital team, led by Roman Regelman, a former BCG partner who drove a number of large scale digital transformations for global financial services clients. The Digital team drives BNY Mellon's core digitization strategy and is responsible for mapping our digital future, investing in digital client and internal capabilities, including data management, analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and robotics.
The Digital team focuses on maximizing investments in our digital capabilities to drive significant improvements in business performance and the client and employee experience. The team is accelerating the bank's innovation strategy, developing more cross-functional integration and mining best practices to integrate across businesses, regions, front line relationship managers, innovation centers. We are currently looking to fill positions at our global headquarters in Tribeca, New York. Role responsibilities
As a member of the Advanced Solutions team in Digital, the primary focus and responsibilities will be to deliver tangible value and advance the digital agenda across the enterprise by accelerating effective use of AI and Blockchain. Main responsibilities include:
- Drive strategic initiatives and deliver measurable impact (measured as new revenue, cost reduction, employee and client satisfaction, risk reduction etc.) through solutions enabled by emerging capabilities like AI/ML/Blockchain.
- Serve as solutions expert to address critical business needs tapping into emerging capabilities (AI/ML/Blockchain) as appropriate
- Provide implementation guidance on AI/ML/Blockchain solutions - available internally or in the marketplace - factoring in feasibility, maturity of solutions, cost, time to market etc.
- Manage / oversee initiatives from inception to implementation including appropriate approvals through product or business process change governance processes.
- Build strong partnerships with product, technology, operation, risk & compliance partners
- Partner with Lines of Business and Technology to identify opportunities
- Ensure solution delivery is consistent and compliant with our risk and compliance frameworks and policies
- Manage resources capacity and program across portfolio of AI/ML /Blockchain initiatives
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to communicate strategy and vision, share progress and impact
- Drive and communicate our digital agenda, enterprise efforts the group is leading and outcome for employees, clients and the enterprise.
- Drive / promote best practices on accelerating transformation initiatives
A practitioner with experience in driving implementation of AI/ML/Blockchain solutions at scale
- Experience in stakeholder management at the executive level
- Experience in transformation leadership during which s/he applied a structured approach (methodology) to the successful management, tracking, planning, monitoring, and reporting of concurrent, multiple financial services projects spanning across an enterprise
- Individual should be analytical, flexible, team-oriented, have good interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated, innovative thinker with the ability to derive, formulate, and develop new concepts, processes and value-added activities.
- Self-starter, high energy, and motivated to innovate the business
- Experience working on a team that drove change at scale
- Entrepreneurial and results oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to deal well with uncertainty and unstructured problems to be solved
- Able to work across businesses and functions at all levels
- Able to lead ad-hoc and structured teams for achieving goals within established time parameters
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to accomplish goals through others, including employees, peers, and other function/business areas of the company
- Experience in the securities, financial services, or asset management industry a plus
- Graduate degree from top universities a plus
Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred. Managerial experience is required. 12 plus years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.