Employee Relations Specialist
As a Barclays Employee Relations Specialist you will be responsible for advising on complex workplace matters and ensuring compliance with Barclays policies and practices. You will use your skills and expertise to provide commercial, pragmatic and timely advice to stakeholders in order to mitigate employee legal and reputational risk.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity. What will you be doing?
• Conducting workplace investigations into claims of inappropriate behaviour & conduct
• Investigating concerns and complaints raised in a fair and balanced way
• Providing advice and counsel to HR Business Partners and business managers on how best to coach managers and employees through complex employee issues
• Working in close partnership with the HR Business Partners and Employment, Incentives & Pensions Legal team to understand business plans & ER challenges
• Be responsible for the creation and delivery of ER training in coordination with our control partners with a focus on prevention
• Providing commercial, pragmatic and timely advice to stakeholders regarding underperforming employees which could result in disciplinary action
• Overseeing various projects & initiatives including new legislation in employment law & updating relevant ER policies as well as managing wellbeing initiatives
• Participate in the creation and delivery of ER metrics to various stakeholders What we're looking for:
• Bachelor's degree
• Legal professional or an HR professional Skills that will help you in the role:
• Law degree or Master's degree in HR preferred
• Relevant experience within financial services, preferably investment banking
• Experience with senior stakeholders
• A good understanding of employment legislation in the US along with familiarity with UK governance requirements with respect to conduct rules Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.