Employee Compliance – Global Anti-Corruption Compliance Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co
. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . The Team:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPMC) seeks a Compliance Associate to support its Global Anti-Corruption Compliance team in the United States. The Global Anti-Corruption Compliance (GACC) team manages the firm's global Anti-Corruption Program (the Program) which is designed to manage and mitigate corruption risk and to assist the firm and its employees in complying with anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws. GACC is part of the firm's Global Employee Compliance organization which provides compliance coverage in relation to key employee-related regulatory and compliance risks such Anti-Corruption, Antitrust, Code of Conduct, Licensing and Registrations, and Personal Account Dealing. The Role:
Primarily assisting GACC in executing Program responsibilities related to Third-Party Intermediaries (TPIs) engaged by JPMC. In addition, providing general support across the Anti-Corruption Program as needed, including assisting with strategic program initiatives and providing back-up for the day to day work from other Program workstreams. The role will report to the Co-Head of GACC and will be located in New York. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as a point of escalation for queries related to TPIs and the Program's TPI controls, including enquiries from senior compliance management.
- Driving continual enhancements to the Program's TPI controls, including through identification of strategic enhancement opportunities and execution of projects related to TPI risk management.
- Drafting and delivering TPI related Anti-Corruption training and more generally raising awareness of the Program.
- Monitoring and tracking the identification and pre-clearance of TPIs as required under the Anti-Corruption Policy.
- Assisting with anything of value and referred candidate related Anti-Corruption pre-clearance reviews on an as needed basis.
- Assisting with the assessment of corruption risk in control and influence transactions on an as needed basis.
- Assisting with the execution of the Program's reporting requirements (e.g., metrics submissions) on an as needed basis.
- Collating, drafting, and presenting materials to senior compliance management related to TPIs and the Program more generally.
- Interacting with Anti-Corruption Compliance staff, other control function personnel, and the employees and management in all lines of business regarding TPI and other Program related issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in compliance, legal/regulatory or risk (anti-corruption experience preferred).
- Effective collaborator committed to contributing to a positive team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present concise findings in a persuasive manner.
- Flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities, uses sound judgement, and navigates ambiguity to get things done; able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise sound judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).