- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Emerging Corporates Relationship Manager - New York
Emerging Corporates Relationship Manager - New York
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Relationship Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19005269
We're looking for an Emerging Corporates Relationship Manager to join our world-class team
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Did you know…
That Citi helped devise a plan and funded The Public Lighting Authority of Detroit to re-illuminate the city? See what else we've achieved to enable progress for our clients: citi.com/history.
Successful Emerging Corporates Relationship Managers should demonstrate the following behaviors:
Develops our People: Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
Drives Value for Clients: Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities
Works as a Partner: Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients
Champions Progress: Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi's vision and global strategy
Lives our Values: Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks
Delivers Results: Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
On a daily basis, Emerging Corporates Relationship Managers will be responsible for the following:
· Develop and manage integrated sales and relationship programs for business clients that are in alignment with the overall business plan to achieve desired revenue, cross-sell, and service hurdles. Must have proven experience implementing successful sales programs and promoting/measuring sales activities that translate into profitable growth.
Provide strong, compassionate and visible leadership, which fosters positive attitudes and trust among employees, customers, and prospects. Partner with Retail banking and other internal organizations to ensure the customer experience is optimized
Actively participates in the community to support bank's position within the marketplace of being a community partner providing broad, multi-product banking solutions to the large number of commercial clients in the market and demonstrating Citi's commitment and presence.
Manage plans, budgets and financial controls to meet strategic plans and objectives and ensure communication of such to appropriate internal management.
Ensure safe, sound and timely underwriting practices and overall leadership of Citibank credit standards, by interfacing closely with the Credit/Risk organization.
Ensure that marketplace activities are carried out in accordance with all legal and governmental regulations as well as internal policies and procedures.
Continually monitor practices of competition and report findings to management when appropriate.
Maintain frequent interaction with centers of influence diverse industry segments, community leaders, regulators, and senior business contacts.
A successful Emerging Corporates Relationship Manager has these skills :
- Must have a sharp business development focus and demonstrative innovative approaches
- Must be able to express a sound opinion, able to agreeably present another viewpoint
- Highly focused, able to rapidly determine key priorities, clearly communicate the priorities and ensure resources are properly aligned
- Proven leadership ability with excellent interpersonal communication skills at all levels.
- Reputation in market attracts talent
- Some knowledge of credit products
- Strong financial and analytic skills and ability to rapidly assimilate complex information
- Sharp business development focus, demonstrating innovative approaches
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and motivation
- Self-starter, someone who demonstrates by getting out in the marketplace
- Team player, builds strong partnerships
- Highly effective influencing skills
- Sound decision making, while being able to agreeably present a different viewpoint
- Positive/can-do approach, embraces changes and communicates as own
- Superior organizational skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Minimum 8-10 years business and/or commercial banking with increasing levels of responsibility
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree is preferred