Electronic Trading Solutions, Operations Professional - Enterprise Product
About Electronic Trading Solutions (ETS)
Many of the world's market leaders in Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities use Bloomberg for transparent data, powerful analytics and seamless execution. Whether Buy-side and Sell-side, Bloomberg Electronic Trading Solutions (ETS) trading venues help our customers to discover value, trade and report with total confidence. This confidence extends to cover the ever expanding and evolving global regulatory demands being placed upon our customers.
We are seeking an experienced Risk professional to join a well established Operations and Risk Function within Electronic Trading Solutions (ETS). You will be part of a global team passionate about the implementation and continuous improvement of the operating and control environment for Bloomberg's Electronic Trading offerings. The candidate will need to understand Governance, Risk and Control Frameworks, ensure they are operating effectively and play an active role in the continuous improvement of our Operations environment. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Implement and measure a Risk Management Framework against agreed risk appetite and/or tolerance levels
- Formally analyze functional and support gaps, identify control deficiencies, propose solutions, and manage execution
- Develop and implement operational and data analysis processes to drive efficient and effective Risk & Operations functions
- Use data analysis to define metrics and tracking methodologies to track our frameworks, and recommend ideas to meet requirements
- Proactively identify and assess risks by analyzing functional and support gaps, including the implementation of risk mitigating solutions
- Understand the current regulatory landscape and key regulatory regimes, including one or more of the major regulatory jurisdictions: CAD, US, EU, UK, or APAC
- Participate in independent operating model reviews to identify, advance, track and implement remediation requirements
- Lead and participate in cross-functional, internal and external multi-group projects
- Take responsibility for ensuring plans are well captured and execution is tracked thoughtfully
If this sounds like you:
- 5+ years of experience in financial services or related industries, e.g. financial institution or hedge fund, with 3 years in an operations position
- Clear understanding of financial markets across multiple asset classes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manipulate and analyze large, complex data sets. Knowledge of data analysis techniques and programming skills such as Python would be a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment, drive innovation while delivering tangible results.
- Demonstrated success in running projects across multiple functional teams and organizational groups
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status