Electronic Trading Solutions - Operations Professional
About Electronic Trading Solutions (ETS)
The world's market leaders in Equities, Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities rely upon Bloomberg for transparent data, powerful analytics and seamless execution. Whether Buy-side and Sell-side, Bloomberg Electronic Trading Solutions (ETS) trading venues help our customers to discover value, trade and report with total confidence. This confidence extends to cover the ever expanding and evolving global regulatory demands being placed upon our customers.
We are seeking an experienced Operations professional to join a newly established Operations Function within Electronic Trading Solutions (ETS). You will be part of a global team passionate about the implementation and continuous improvement of the operating and control environment for Bloomberg's Regulated Electronic Trading offerings. The candidate will need to focus on ensuring that the Operational and Data Integrity Processes are in place, operating correctly and efficiently to ensure accurate regulatory compliance. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop and implement operational and data analysis processes to help create an effective and efficient regulatory operations function
- Use data analysis to define metrics and tracking methodologies to track our operational control framework, and recommend ideas to meeting these requirements
- Proactively identify and assess risks by analyzing functional and support gaps, including the implementation of risk mitigating solutions
- Understand the current regulatory landscape and key regulatory regimes, including one or more of the major regulatory jurisdictions: EU, UK, US or APAC
- Participate in independent operating model reviews to identify, advance, track and implement remediation requirements
- Lead and participate in cross-functional, internal and external multi-group projects
- Take responsibility for ensuring plans are well captured and execution is tracked thoughtfully
Does this sound like you?
- 5+ years of experience in financial services or related industries, e.g. financial institution or hedge fund, with 3 years in an operations position
- Clear understanding of financial markets across multiple asset classes
- Understanding of the current regulatory landscape and key regulatory obligations, including one or more of the major regulatory jurisdictions: EU, UK, US or APAC
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manipulate and analyse large, complex data sets. Knowledge of data analysis techniques and programming skills such as Python would be a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in an entrepreneurial environment, drive innovation while delivering tangible results.
- Demonstrated success in running projects across multiple functional teams and organizational groups
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.