Electrician - Corporate Group
The Corporate Group is dedicated to being a trusted, strategic business partner to clients Bank wide. The Group delivers a broad range of innovative, impactful solutions that foster the Bank's ability to meet its mission. The Corporate Group is aligned across its functions to provide superior services and value-added resource and financial management that seamlessly support our clients' and the Bank's objectives. Function Overview:
The Property Management function of our Corporate Group is currently seeking a skilled electrician. This individual will be asked to install, alter, maintain, and repair a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment by performing skilled electrical work at the Journeyman level within the Bank`s owned and leased facilities.
Additionally, the individual may also be asked to assist in general laborer, carpentry, painting, masonry, and mechanical tasks requiring little or no trade specific skills. Responsibilities :
Qualifications: Requirements: This recruitment database is not compatible with mobile devices and will result in loss of data. Please apply and be sure to fill out all fields and attach a copy of your resume from a laptop or desktop computer.
- Modifies, alters, and installs circuit breaker panels, circuiting, etc.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams and determines, with the Supervising Electrician, the most effective approach to assignments.
- Surveys job sites for estimates of materials necessary to complete assignments.
- Installs electrical meter devices, in hazardous areas of high voltage.
- Maintains and repairs clocks, conveyors, dumb waiters, lighting fixtures, kitchen equipment, trucking gates, power boxes, electrical switch gear, etc.
- Assists in the supervision and inspection of installations performed by outside electrical contractors.
- Performs skilled electrical repair maintenance work on power plant equipment, including air conditioning, refrigeration heating, and ventilation systems, including:
- Maintains all electrical equipment on the main power plant switchboard and auxiliary switchboards.
- Overhauls, and undercuts mica insulation, on generators, balancers and electric motors, including AC and DC.
- Installs new brushes in motors and replaces bearings.
- Repairs motor starters and automatic controls, replaces bearings.
- Reads, monitors and records electrical readings to improve the maintenance of power supply equipment.
- Maintains daily logs of equipment operation and prepares special reports of work performed.
- Installs various communications cables for computers, communication systems, security devices, and cable/satellite television systems throughout the Bank.
- Responds to emergency calls during or after regular weekday hours or on weekends.
- Trains less experienced electricians and apprentices in electrical construction and maintenance.
- Interacts with the Bank`s computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- As required, assist in general laborer, carpentry, painting, masonry, electrical, and mechanical tasks requiring little or no trade specific skills.
- This description outlines the general nature of the work to be performed by employees assigned to this classification; other related duties may be assigned as required.
- Requires completion of apprenticeship program and trade courses in preparation for an electrician`s license and a minimum of five years related work experience.
- High School or trade school diploma required.
- Undergraduate or certifications a plus, or appropriate work experience.
- 3:00pm – 11:00pm shift Monday – Friday. Required to work day, evening, night, and weekend shifts at all Bank facilities in NY and NJ to provide shift coverage as needed.
Electricians` hand tools such as handsaw, punch sets, drills and wrenches, pipe threading machines, hydraulic pipe benders, a wide variety of meters, cable pullers, circuit tracers, power-operated lifts, ladders and scaffolds. Physical Demands:
Requires heavy lifting of tools and equipment. Work is frequently performed on ladders or in awkward positions. Knowledge/Abilities:
This recruitment database is not compatible with mobile devices and will result in loss of data. Please apply and be sure to fill out all fields and attach a copy of your resume from a laptop or desktop computer. The Federal Reserve Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
- In-depth, expert knowledge of the electrical trade and the NYC and National Electrical Codes.
- In-depth knowledge of operations and maintenance of all Bank electrical systems including emergency power, UPS power, normal AC power, DC power, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Proficient understanding of the application and use of tools of the trade.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and PC skills including strong knowledge of electronic mail, word processing, and spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to provide a quick and thorough evaluation of situations and to resolve complex electrical problems.
- Ability to perform complex electrical tasks under minimal supervision.
- Able to work day, evening, night, and weekend shifts and overtime, assuming responsibility for electrical related activities within the Bank`s owned and leased facilities.