ESG User Experience Designer
S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
ESG User Experience Designer Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
New York and Eastern Time Zone The Team:
User Experience Designer will work with the Sustainable1 Product team, collaborating and receiving guidance from platform design teams to create ESG products for customers around the globe. You will provide product design, prototyping, research and facilitation services for Sustainable1 desktop and mobile products. The UX Designer solves abstract problems and makes massive datasets easy to use by our customers. We work closely with our product and technical partners throughout the entire lifecycle, from analysis and concept to launch. We strive to create an environment where thoughtful design is a major contributor to the success of S&P Global. The Impact:
The world of ESG Data & Analytics is fast-paced and intensive. Our users need tools designed to let them to soar-find things quickly and easily; perform their work fluidly, in a way that matches how they think and speak about work; collaborate with others seamlessly. There are enormous opportunities for this role to greatly impact the working life, and business success, of thousands of financial professionals and hundreds of firms, through thoughtful UX research and design. The Opportunity:
The user experience designer works with the creative team to develop and extend designs for native apps and responsive websites. The designer is required to internalize and extend the visual language and interactive model for each project, taking into consideration not only how it looks but how it works and will be used. Responsibilities:
• Supports the user experience director or project lead in documentation and design of functional user experience through sketches and/or wireframes and building prototypes.
• Works with client and technical team to collect and disposition requirements throughout the life of the project.
• Design communication and documentation through annotated wireframe creation
• Interactive prototyping
• Supports usability testing
• Promotes accessibility by incorporating WCAG guidelines into designs
• Makes things easier to use. Additional Responsibilities:
• Appreciates and offers critical feedback. Seeks it out in reviews with customers, peers, stakeholders and research.
• Contributes knowledge to our company intranet.
• Works well with fellow team members.
• Demonstrates dedication to helping S&P Global meet commitments to our customers and stakeholders.
• Keeps current on the trends in technology and business as it applies to your particular job.
• Addition duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned and/or change at any time with or without notice Work Environment:
Remote and/or S&P Global offices at 55 Water St. New York, NY Travel:
Minimal travel may be required and is contingent upon the needs of the company. Basic Qualifications:
• At least 5 years of UX design experience on a product team or in a creative agency.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Project Management skills - not necessary to be a certified project manager, but someone with a sense of urgency when required, and a head for scheduling and planning.
• Knowledge of usability testing
• Digital product design sensibility
• Comfort with one or more UI prototyping tools and flexibility to adopt a new one
• Bachelor's degree with a focus in HCI, Design or a related field
• Financial Technology (FinTech) knowledge or experience
• Skilled using Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and InVision Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $55,900 to $155,900. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
IFTECH103.1 - Middle Management Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
264393 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States