At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock â€" from around the world. In Global Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The importance of human capital, diversity, climate change, and regulatory pressures are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is crucial for our clients â€" providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
As a team, we are responsible for improving and reporting Environmental, Social and Governance related content for the Bloomberg Terminal, plus reported on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics and proprietary scores. We display ESG and Fundamental data together, backed by news for context. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise for sustainable investing will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
You're the type of person who looks beyond the headline with a keen eye for the details because you know how data inspires market trends, breaking news, and analysis. At Bloomberg, we are building ESG performance scores, and we will need you to research market disclosure standards and materiality frameworks, helping bring transparency to the opaque landscape of ESG ratings. You will contribute to ensuring superior quality of our governance data set, and bring value to our clients by supporting integration of our data and scores into their workflows.
Weâ€™ll trust you to:
Youâ€™ll need to have:
- Manage large and complex data projects related to ESG datasets, with a particular focus on market-specific Governance data
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects across quality and coverage initiatives, including procuring content to support best-in-class coverage
- Liaise with other departments, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to enhance relevant product databases
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes
Weâ€™d love to see:
- BA/BS with strong academic standing
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience, preferably working closely with data in a client-facing role and exposure to governance topics like audit, board composition, executive compensation, shareholder rights
- Strong understanding of and interest in the ESG market and reporting landscape, with strong preference for prior experience in an ESG data or research role and knowledge of disclosure and materiality frameworks such as SASB, GRI, TCFD
- Demonstrated and exceptional relationship building, business development, and communication skills â€" both written and verbal
- Strong project management skills: strategic thinking, setting deadlines, and leading the execution of tasks both independently and collectively with a group
Does this sound like you?
- ESG-related coursework or certification such as SASB FSA or CFA ESG Investing certification
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and demonstrated applied data analysis skills, with proficiency using -Excel as well as experience with SQL or Python
- Ability to read/write in a language other than English, particularly Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.