Lead I Java Developer
Location: New York, NY or Princeton, NJ
The developer will be working in the Data Pipeline team for the Java version of Data Pipeline API. The Data Pipeline is used by many teams in S&P Global to distribute content to the products. The Developer will work closely with client teams to resolve issues with the java version of the API and add more features as needed. The developer will also have an opportunity to work on the .Net version of the API and other projects.
What's in it for you:
• Be a part of strong technical team that you can learn from
• Learn various middleware technologies
• Opportunity to work in cloud technologies with C#/.NET Compensation/Benefits Information:
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits.
For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
What We're Looking For:
• Bachelor's degree (US or foreign equivalent) in Engineering or Mathematics related fields
• 6+ years working with Java
• Experience with Java development tools (Eclipse, Maven, Gradle)
• Ability to understand and evolve an existing code base
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented design and common patterns
• Experience with containerization a plus
• Experience in CI/CD and Automated Unit Testing a plus
• Experience in Agile and Scrum methodologies a plus
• Experience in trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
• Experience with messaging technologies (Kafka, Sonic JMS, Informatica UM) a plus
• Strong communication skills
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261976 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States