Due Diligence Analyst 3
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- BankUnited, N.A.
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Due Diligence Analyst 3
The primary purpose of this position is to review, assess, and validate customer records to aide in the detection of possible money laundering, terrorist financing, and fraud using risk-based approach methods while ensuring compliance with the Bank's established BSA/AML program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
* Review KYC for completeness and accuracy as part of customer validation in order to assess and document the risks associated with that customer.
* Identify and address items through day-to-day assignments to ensure the Bank's KYC and CIP standards have been met.
* Ensure ongoing due diligence efforts and KYC are maintained while identifying substantive changes to customer profiles.
* Perform AML Screening/CDD/EDD reviews on prospects and new/existing customers in accordance with the Bank's policies and procedures.
* Review and resolve EDD Verifier alerts; escalate findings to Manager when appropriate.
* Perform searches utilizing Internet sources and/or third-party vendors (i.e. Google, Lexis Nexis and/or World Compliance) to determine negative news and obtain due diligence information for prospects and new/existing customers.
* Respond to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding KYC/CIP and due diligence matters, when appropriate.
* Communicate effectively with peers, front-line and management when requesting information or documentation and addressing concerns or findings.
* Adhere to all designated time frames, manage workflow to the specified deadlines and complete responsibilities in a satisfactory manner.
* Thoroughly document findings by preparing reports in a manner that is clear and comprehensible to BSA supervisors/managers, internal auditors and regulatory examiners.
* Report and escalate all concerns or negative findings clearly and objectively to Manager.
* Interact with bank examiners, internal auditors, and compliance personnel during BSA and AML related audits, if necessary.
* Complete all job-related training in a timely manner and attend seminars or continuing education, as directed.
* Perform any other assignments as directed by Manager.
SENIOR LEVEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare and draft presentations/reports, as needed.
* Actively participate in team meetings.
* Actively assist the Manager in special projects that are both system related or involve special investigations or reviews.
* Maintain close working knowledge of special projects, investigations or reviews and advises Manager of their progress and any matters of concern.
* In absence of Manager, ensure proper workflow of customer review process and day-to-day assignments are addressed.
* Interact and coordinate with due diligence team to resolve day-to-day issues and escalate to Manager, when appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* College degree preferred.
* At least 7 years banking experience, with emphasis on BSA Compliance and due diligence in accordance with KYC, CIP, AML/BSA guidelines
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CAMS/FIBA