Domestic Tax Group Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 Oct 18
Domestic Tax Group Manager
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firms books and records, and by contributing to Firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley's various industry and government regulators, and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley's various businesses and its senior management team.
The Tax Department reports to the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 200 employees worldwide. The Tax Department is responsible for global tax compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the Firm.
The Morgan Stanley Tax Department currently has a career opportunity in New York City for a Tax Senior Manager in the Domestic Tax Group.
Domestic Tax Group
The Domestic tax team is responsible for the domestic compliance, tax accounting, business unit tax advice and tax planning for the firm. The Senior Manager will be responsible for reviewing federal and state income tax returns, tax provision and tax analytics.
Core responsibilities of the position will include:
- Managing selected domestic compliance projects
- Assistance in the review of tax return filings for selected domestic entities
- Tax compliance management, oversight for a high volume of tax adjustments, Federal and state corporate income tax returns in a time sensitive environment
- Tax provision management and review including separate company financial statements, monthly and quarterly ETR calculations.
- Tax analysis, planning and analytics
- Special projects
- Approximately 7-10 years of hands-on income tax experience in a corporate environment or public accounting firm
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. domestic tax, including tax compliance for a U.S. based multinational
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written and oral communication skills
- Strong managerial skills, with a hands on approach
- Superior work ethic with high level of accountability
- Bachelors or Master's degree in tax or accounting
- Facility with Excel; knowledge of Corptax a plus
- Financial services industry experience preferable, but not required