Financial Services Recruitment
Robert Half Financial Services are currently recruiting for a Director of Tax role within a global Asset Manager located in midtown Manhattan. Our client requires a CPA and 10+ years Tax Accounting experience at Big 4 Financial Services or Investment Management, with knowledge of Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Hedge Funds, Real Estate. The role would support US tax reporting and compliance across all investment platforms as well as assist with the structuring of investments across the various asset classes. **This role is in the office full time**
- Review federal and state tax reports, including K-1s, 1099s and 1042s, tax workpapers and tax returns for C-Corps, partnerships, and trusts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with tax advisors to ensure complete and accurate tax reporting and compliance.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with fund managers; coordinate closely to obtain additional information on direct and indirect investments when needed.
- In-depth analysis of investments to determine both on-shore and off-shore tax issues including ECI, FIRPTA, CFCs, PFICs.
- Assist in improving processes and procedures for robust US tax reporting and compliance, such as a system to accurately record the tax attributes of investments and track investments with certain tax attributes.
- Review of investment activity to determine proper tax allocations.
- Participate in tax related projects including forecasting, portfolio analysis, and tax rate analysis.
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax returns, quarterly NYS sales & use tax returns and NYC Commercial Rent Tax returns.
- Assist with tax audits and tax notices as they arise.
- Assist with year-end tax planning.
- Assist with the structuring of investments made across all asset classes and assist the Group Head of Tax in relation to the implementation of the wider Group tax strategy.
- Develop, manage, and mentor other Tax team members.
- Knowledge of calculating deferred taxes.
- Maintain and build relationships and network with external partners, companies, advisors, and senior executives.
- CPA required
- 10+ years Tax Accounting experience at Big 4 Financial Services or Investment Management
- Knowledge of Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Hedge Funds, Real Estate
- Knowledge of rules relating to ECI, FIRPTA, CFCs, PFICs is essential
- Knowledgeable of the tax compliance related forms related to outbound investments including (8865, 5471, 8858, 1042, 8805, etc.) and potential filing requirements for inbound investments
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Taxation or Accounting
This Director of Tax role is full time in the midtown Manhattan New York office so please only apply if you are able to travel to this location, have relevant experience for the role and are eligible to work in the United States. The salary is dependent on experience with an initial range of $200-230k base plus discretionary bonus. If your profile matches the above criteria, please email me directly email@example.com