Director of TA Strategy & Optimization
Description About this role About HR at BlackRock:
At BlackRock, we are building a world class HR team. Part of that journey to provide our services, programs, and products to our internal clients also includes a continued focus on evolving the Talent Acquisition (TA) organization. Together, the Executive, Experienced Hire and Early Careers teams help to source and hire the best talent for BlackRock. Role:
The Director of TA Strategy & Optimization is a critical role for the TA function, reporting to the Global Head of Talent Acquisition. This individual will be responsible for leading a range of strategic projects critical to the ongoing development of a world-class TA function. You will develop solutions to complex problems, which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation. The individual will also be responsible for managing the TA Governance and Performance team (TA GaP) which monitors performance, defining standards, mitigating risk, managing resources, and driving change. This role will also work closely with the Global TA recruiting leads and the broader team and have ownership of key initiatives. Responsibilities:
In partnership with the Global Head of TA, lead and manage the TA vision and strategy, including;
- Advising on the TA target state operating model, providing strategy thought leadership, and leading special projects focused on optimization, scaled hiring and location strategy
- Proactively identify opportunities for evolution of TA capabilities, new approaches or technologies, updates to policy and process
- Utilizing key metrics and analytical insights to develop change recommendations that will enhance the overall performance of the function
- Owning and maintaining the key business processes and policies that underpin the Talent Acquisition function
- Leading and executing cross-functional projects focused on process enhancements, reporting & metrics, strategic initiatives and/or technology infrastructure (including execution of change management, communication and driving adoption)
- Partner with risk and compliance stakeholders (within HR, Legal and external counsel) to stay ahead of regulatory changes impacting Talent Acquisition practices and ensure ongoing adherence
- Oversee Talent Acquisition business management, including financials, resourcing strategy and external vendor relationships
- Manage TA team communication, including weekly leadership meetings and monthly global town halls
- Represent Talent Acquisition in various Talent, HR, and firm-wide forums
- Develop recommendations and action plans in areas of strategic focus, based on analysis of external data, internal operational metrics, and qualitative data.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong change management skills, ability to influence, direct and communicate change
- High degree of influencing and collaborative skills, to build and maintain productive relationships across the HR organization
- 10+ years of experience within strategy and/or talent
- A strong track record of solving complex problems, exhibiting strategic thinking, and delivering significant impact.
- Aptitude and interest for learning new technologies
- Proven capability to develop and execute large scale programs and change implementations
- Ability to think strategically, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Proven ability to redefine Talent Acquisition practices, processes and technology; experience with WorkDay a plus
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to use data to develop a TA narrative
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills and the ability to meet and exceed deadlines
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.