A $3bbn systematic equity hedge fund in New York is looking to add a senior quantitative strategist to their dynamic research team. This person should ideally have experience researching and developing medium frequency or intraday quantitative equity trading strategies. Experience in optimization and researching best execution methods is also a huge plus. This fund has been around for 15+ years and is fully quantitative in their investment approach. The research team is flat-structured, highly collaborative, and due to recent success, has a mandate to hire new members with uncorrelated alpha or expertise -specifically within short horizon stat arb trading strategies.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
- Help drive and deliver on the team's growing research agenda.
- Alpha idea generation, backtesting and implementation
- Improvement of existing strategies and portfolio optimization
- Develop statistical models and machine learning methods to evaluate optimal execution
- Research market impact models
- 5+ years of experience working in quantitative equity research
- Knowledge of Stat arb trading strategy
- Experience researching equity market microstructure
- Programming knowledge in object oriented languages and statistical analysis programs
- PhD degree in a computational field (Math, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, ect)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills