Director of Sales, Solutions Division
This is a Sales Director role within IHS Markit's Solutions division with responsibility for new business across our Sell Side and Agent Servicer customer segment. This role is focused on new customer acquisition, as well as cross-selling existing IHS Markit customers with our Solutions capabilities. Our offering includes industry-leading software, data services and investment management capabilities across the front-to-back office lifecycle for traded and illiquid markets. The capabilities include portfolio monitoring, order management, compliance, asset administration and reconciliation, valuations, document sharing, managed data services, data warehousing and reporting.
The Solutions sales team is a fast paced, highly collaborative and results-driven group within IHS Markit's most strategic and fastest growing division. We are looking for an experienced sales specialist who is passionate about customer relationships and strategic selling. The role is focused on executing our sales strategy to accelerate the growth of our Sell Side and Agent Servicer customer base. Sales Responsibilities:
What You'll Get:
- Develop and execute on our Sell Side and Agent Servicer Solutions sales plan, which is based on a regional allocation and assigned quota. The quota includes selling capabilities across our Solutions product portfolio
- Focus on new customer acquisition, as well as cross-selling within existing accounts
- Partner with our pre-sales engineering team to develop an understanding of the capabilities across the Solutions division
- Partner with our commercial segment team to understand the most impactful focus areas for our Sell Side and Agent Servicer customer segment
- Manage the sales process from lead qualification to proposal to contract stage
- Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations alongside our pre-sales engineering team
- Communicate customer feedback and new product opportunities to the commercial segment and product teams
- Attend virtual industry conferences and forums that are relevant to the Sell Side and Agent Servicer segment
- Collaborate across our regional Solutions sales teams
What You'll Need:
- Challenging, fun and rewarding team experience and career path
- An incredible team of smart, driven and execution-oriented people to partner with
- Competitive compensation & benefits
A Plus If You Have:
- Proven track record of sales success with a particular focus on new customer acquisition
- Knowledge of the Sell Side and Agent Servicer customer segment
- 15+ years of experience working in SaaS based sales or business development role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an aptitude for consultative-selling techniques
- Ability to manage complex sales and client negotiations
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Team player and willing to progress in a rapidly growing environment
- Ability to inspire and influence peers and colleagues across the firm
- Exceptional organization skills
- CRM experience
- Network of Sell Side and Agent Servicer contacts in the front-to-back office
- Previous working experience utilizing Salesforce as a CRM
- Experience with web meeting software and instant message tools (i.e. Microsoft Teams)
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.