Director of Sales Engineering
IHS Markit's Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Team is looking for a pre sales engineer to join the team and play a key role in the future growth of IHS Markit's Financial Market's division. The successful applicant will be involved in all pre-sales activities for the EDM Warehouse platform as well as working closely with the EDM Platform. The Pre-sales consultant will be instrumental in demonstrating all aspects of EDM warehouse as well as running and working on proof of concept projects.
Duties & accountabilities:
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the team and undertake a number of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Work on and run demonstrations of EDM Warehouse; analyse data and offer suggestions around best practices to continue IHS Markit's success in winning clients;
- Work on and run Proof of Concept's, taking the lead, to ensure successful and timely delivery of prospective client's requirements.
- Work closely with prospects to understand their business requirements across a spectrum of financial products (Equities, Fixed Income, Indices, Reference Data, OTC, etc.)
- Maintain up-to-date awareness and understanding of the product and new system functionalities in developing EDM offerings.
- Communication with prospects and internal stakeholder's through-out the pre-sales life-cycle, escalating issues where appropriate.
- Provide coaching and training to new clients to enable transfer of knowledge so that clients are prepared for the start of a project and are competent in utilising the product as planned;
- Understand the commercial implications and provide customer feedback to product managers for continuous improvement; Work alongside team members across a range of roles (Project Management, Business Analysis, Development, End Business Users, etc.), balancing differing objectives and providing influence where needed;
- Lead business handover meetings to ensure EDM Professional Services and EDM Support group have a thorough understanding of the prospect to enable quality on-going support to new clients.
- 5+ experience in a client facing role supporting sales teams
- Strong working knowledge of SQL
- Polished communicator, presenter
- Experience delivering Proof of Concepts and technical demos
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.