Director of Product Marketing, Life Sciences
Director of Product Marketing, Life Sciences Summary :
We have an exciting opportunity for an enterprise product marketer to further Cognizant's market position in the Life Sciences industry, by defining and executing the go-to-market strategy for our leading portfolio of clinical trials products.
Cognizant is redefining the way life sciences companies do digital. That's why all 30 of the top 30 global pharmaceutical companies, 9 of the top 10 biotech companies and 12 of the top 15 medical device companies work with us. You will manage a portfolio of game-changing products that touch all aspects of bringing new therapeutics to market: revolutionizing clinical trials, and paving the way for the digital lab of the future. Cognizant is the leading service provider to the Life Sciences industry. Our longstanding relationships with the world's largest biopharmas are positioning is to become a trusted product provider as well.
While working closely with product strategy and management teams, as well as with the Life Sciences business unit, including field marketing and sales, you will create and manage: strategic plans for new product launches or relaunches, customer acquisition and retention strategies; product messaging, positioning and conduct market and competitive analysis. The Product Marketer will also ensure plan execution and coordination across BU leadership, Cognizant Products, corporate marketing, analyst and public relations as well as manage Agency relations. Responsibilities include:
- Product/Market fit and growth strategies
- Planning and project management
- Product positioning and messaging
- Sales enablement and collateral development
- Campaign support including Account-Based Marketing strategies
- Release messaging
- Planning and project management
- Digital and content marketing support
Required Experience and Expertise :
You understand big company dynamics, have worked in matrixed environments and know how to get things done. You have a strong entrepreneurial sensibility; you love to deliver value in the form of new product introductions and/or great marketing campaigns to your target market.
- Minimum 10 years' related experience in and knowledge of software product marketing; experience with international markets a plus
- Experience launching and driving sales of solutions to the Life Sciences market. Life Sciences executive buyer persona expert, particularly around clinical trial management
- Have developed and can share examples of messaging and positioning founded on market and buyer insights, for the right customers, through the right channels in a voice that was differentiated and compelling.
- Have demonstrated passion for taking the complex and making it simple by evangelizing solutions, internally, and in the market with influencers and buyers.
- Brand ambassador with exceptional written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop clear, concise, compelling messaging and content.
- Use data to drive positioning of products and recommend investment decisions as you develop your marketing approach, strategies and tactics.
- Rich experience in developing models for and executing Account-based Marketing plans.
- Expertise in collecting, analyzing and internally sharing competitive intelligence.
- Experience speaking at conferences
- Have worked with large teams of enterprise sales reps and account managers hands- on, to inspire, motivate and ultimately win deals through the sales cycle, and generate customer stories.
- Able to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Proven ability to build relationships with other teams, especially sales.
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical.
- Strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proven ability to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and execute .
The candidate must also personally align to Cognizant's core values in how they work and show up for their team:
- Customer Focus – The customer is our true north.
- Passion – We have a collective can-do attitude, with the enthusiasm and commitment to Go the Extra Mile.
- Collaboration – Work together to achieve a common goal.
- Empowerment – Figure out how to get things done and make them happen.
- Transparency – We succeed through open exchange of information.
- Integrity – We act with integrity in every decision we make.
- Experience marketing cloud-based (IaaS, SaaS, BPaaS) solutions preferred
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Some knowledge of design principles
- Excellent writer - samples required
- Bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts, Science, Marketing, Computer Sciences, Finance or equivalent experience; Master's degree or MBA a plus
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration in lieu of a degree