Director of Investment Research, Product Management
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
Director of Investment Research, Product Management
The Role: In the Investment Research role, you will be a key contributor in the Product Management team. You will be joining a global team of experienced professionals from the financial services industry and interacting with various other teams across our organization, including technology, sales, relationship management, research, and development, as you drive the segment strategy and business.
Investment Research: The Investment Research team is responsible for delivering third party research through our desktop and datafeed solutions and driving the commercial success of our offerings with clients on both the buy-side and sell-side. You will be an integral part of the team in understanding the needs of the market, which is in a state of evolution given recent MiFID II regulatory changes, developing appropriate product strategies and driving the delivery of solutions that meet the requirements of third party research providers.
The Impact: You will directly contribute to the successful design, development and go-to-market of solutions that solve for the needs of our clients, ultimately driving our company growth and the efficiency of our clients.
The Career Opportunity: Due to the dynamic nature of the role you will interact with multiple stakeholders in a wide range of locations and time zones. This will allow you develop key skills such as time management, stakeholder management, international communications and project management. This is a great opportunity for you to join a strong global team, grow professionally and have a genuine impact on our clients and business.
The Team / The Business: Our Investment Research business is one of the most exciting and fastest growing areas of S&P Global Market Intelligence with consistent double digit growth from year to year. We provide solutions to our buy-side and sell-side clients that are essential to help them meet the demands of today's ever-changing environment always focusing on our core values of Integrity, Excellence and Relevance in everything we do. The business has a casual and friendly atmosphere that promotes an entrepreneurial spirit where we foster ownership and create a culture of accountability.
• Engage with the internal Research Network team, third party research providers and end users to understand their workflows, solicit feedback and create appropriate product strategies. This customer-oriented focus is critical to success given recent regulatory changes which has increased demand for broker-hosted solutions and tools to quantify and assign value to research that has been consumed
• Define high quality functional requirements & wire frames for developing the product and content
• Analyze and incorporate client feedback to drive product enhancements
• Perform product testing to ensure all released solutions meet our high quality standards
• Generate ideas for new products or enhancements and develop, socialize and validate the business cases and project submissions for the ideas approved by senior management
• Perform complex analysis, research, modelling, etc. as part of various proof-of-concept activities, including building prototypes, assessing the appropriateness of specific product capabilities and estimating potential return on investment
• Conduct market, company, regulation and competitor research
• Work collaboratively with various internal departments to establish effective marketing programs, training materials, and commercial education
• Develop management information including user and usage reporting, salesforce analytics to support the business needs
• Become an internal expert and thought leader for the segment through blog posting and other forms of evangelism
• Assist relationship managers, new sales and client support with product roadmap discussions and product/workflow understanding
• Contribute to the development of product strategy
• Minimum of 10 years' experience in banking or related activity
• BA/BS in Finance, Economics, or related field preferred
• Demonstrable, directly related product/ market development work experience
• Good knowledge of Agile software development and user authentication processes would be beneficial
• Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Ability to communicate ideas effectively, strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to explain complex investment concepts in simple terms
• Result's oriented, organizational skills and team player able to take ideas and feedback in a professional and courteous manner
• Probes more deeply when confronted with inconsistent or interesting findings. Thoroughly checks soundness of own/team work
• Working knowledge of the existing MI product suite - especially desktop and enterprise would be beneficial (e.g. MI platform, CIQ, Feeds, etc)
• Familiarity with other data, research and analytics platforms like Factset, Thomson Reuters, Visible Alpha is a plus.