- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Director of Global Consumer Banking Internal Communications
Director of Global Consumer Banking Internal Communications
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Finance
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18040675
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Director of Global Consumer Banking Internal Communications is a key member of Citi's Global Public Affairs team. Global Public Affairs seeks to enhance and protect the reputation of Citi, its businesses and the brand globally through direct and indirect communication with Citi's various stakeholders. Working with partners throughout the organization, the Director of Global Consumer Banking Internal Communications will build and drive communications efforts that proactively engage Consumer Banking colleagues globally on key priorities and objectives of the company, build an integrated communications strategy in conjunction with other teams and help tell the Citi story. In addition, the director will manage a team of professionals and coordinate closely with business and regional groups.
- Lead team of strategic, internal communication staff to support cultural transformation and execute proactive, forward-thinking internal communication strategies, plans and solutions.
- Lead and manage an internal communications team that can partner, plan and build relationships with leaders to engage in communications planning and align communication to impact adoption of new behaviors.
- Develop strategies and processes to ensure internal communications in business units are aligned with and support the company's strategic direction.
- Working closely with the Head of Consumer Communications to create and implement a comprehensive, global internal communication program which ensures employees are informed about the Global Consumer Banking strategy, key initiatives and progress towards those initiatives.
- Work closely across the communications function and business leadership to support strategic initiatives ensuring effective communication and consistent messaging to all levels of the organization.
- Develop strategy for existing and emerging communications channels to communicate with and engage employees across the organization. Responsible for web content development, town hall meetings, video production, all-employee calls, written materials and special events. Ensure consistency across all communications channels.
- Ensure that all communications are consistent and aligned closely with the firm's objectives, playing a key role in driving these efforts within the Consumer Bank.
- Integrate corporate objectives into messaging platform and drive execution, coordinating closely with internal functions, such as Marketing, Branding, External Communications and business leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or other related field.
- Expert knowledge of communications and 10 years of increased responsibility for internal communications management, preferably in financial institution setting.
- Demonstrated track record of conducting successful, proactive internal communications programs that employ creativity and use a variety of tools, forums and media.
- A leader who will implement initiatives effectively and motivate others to contribute
- Highly articulate in verbal presentations as well as written communications.
- Strong communications (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, including tact, diplomacy, and ability to influence senior-level executives.
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude.
- A team player who will implement initiatives effectively and motivate others to carry out their work.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience or demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team based environment within a heavily matrixed organization.
- Strategic mindset to integrate business strategy into all communications.
- Track record of success in delivering high quality work in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Critical Competencies Include:
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Orientation