Director of Business Development - FoHF
- Base Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Sep 17
An independent alternative investment management firm with a 20+ year track record of success is looking to hire a Director of Business Development with 10 - 20+ years of capital raising experience within the fund of hedge fund industry through the RIA, HNW, Family Office and Endowment & Foundation channels of distribution. The Director of Business Development will manage the entire client experience including sales, marketing and client service in order to raise capital for a combination of funds which have access to top-tier hedge fund managers in addition to having a significant amount of capacity for new capital.
- Proactively seek new client relationships in a systematic manner by developing direct relationships with prospects including Registered Investment Advisors, High Net Worth Individuals, Family Offices and Endowments & Foundations.
- Introduce the firm to prospects, communicate the investment philosophy of the firm and explain the proprietary investment process in detail.
- Manage the account opening process including contractual negotiations and special requests.
- Draft and update client presentations, pitch books, summary presentations, in addition to the the firm's DDQ, website and other marketing collateral
- Maintain and cultivate the firm’s relationships developed over twenty years.
- Conduct quarterly and/or annual review meetings with current clients to explain recent performance, portfolio positioning and any changes in the firm’s structure.
- Manage client calls and requests for information.
- Proven track record of success in sales at an alternative investment management firm (preferably a fund of hedge funds)
- Extensive experience with raising capital from RIAs primarily in addition to High Net Worth Individuals, Family Offices and Endowments & Foundations
- Energetic and self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to thrive in entrepreneurial atmosphere
- Exceptional communication and persuasive skills