- Responsible for the delivery of the eCommerce Fixed Income Sales business objectives and client revenue targets covering Financial Institution clients. This includes a strategy to service Financial Institution clients and digitise flows wherever possible
- Support the global Fixed Income Electronic Solution Sales business to deliver a successful eCommerce business by creating a superior distribution solution and drive annuity revenues
- Knowledge of and experience in dealing with clients on their electronic Fixed Income flows, has a client-focused approached to Sales, anticipating and satisfying client requirements
- Prospect new to bank clients and sell our electronic Macro and Credit market offering as well as deepen our e-penetration with existing bank clients
- Strong knowledge of electronic trading marketplace with particular focus on Emerging Markets Fixed Income bonds, interest rate swaps and credit default swaps including proprietary and multi dealer platforms, ECNs, CCPs and trading venues such as SEFs and MTFs
- Awareness and monitoring of market and business environment which our clients and the Bank operate
- Understanding of the Bank's credit profile and market position in order to properly sell the Bank's abilities and appetite to our clients
- Achieve assigned full year client revenue targets as per annual P3 document
- Quantitative MIS reporting for Rates & Credit Sales & Trading teams
- Good understanding of the core issues relevant to the electronic Fixed Income Markets businesses, able to discuss market structure and practical issues relating to proprietary and multi dealer platforms, API feeds, STP as well as topical issues such as mandatory clearing, margin and regulatory reform
- Sales coordination for platform design and functionality taking into consideration the full end to end process including trade lifecycling
- Take ownership of all aspects of service delivery to the client within financial markets including support functions such as Operations
- Good communication skills and is collaborative, shares information and asks for people's views
People & Talent
- Liaise with clients and executing trades in line with SCB's policy and procedures consistent with all FM Sales staff globally including Order Handling, Record Keeping and Best Execution
- Provide best in class service to help build the Financial Markets relationship
- Take responsibility for the global financial markets relationship for key clients where appropriate. This will require liaison with Relationship Managers to set up client accounts and work collaboratively to deepen the client relationship
- Emphasis on proactive engagement with clients and timely delivery of relevant market intelligence. Always respond to requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take ownership of all aspects of service delivery to the client within Financial Markets including support functions such as operations.
- Work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Adherence to all relevant regulatory regimes.
- Drive a culture that has adherence to all Group policies and relevant legislation covering credit, operational, reputational risk among others
- Commitment to Group and Financial Markets Code of Conduct
- Timely completion of all mandatory e-learnings, attestations, compliance requirements
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- PRA/FCA prescribed responsibilities.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Sales Management Team
- Financial Institution clients
- Macro and Credit Trading teams
- CCIB and product partners across the bank
- ITO, Finance, Control and risk functions
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily behaviour
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
About Standard Chartered
- Customer Behaviour and Preferences
- Knowledge of Product Line
- Sales Proposals and Presentations
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Expected annual base pay range for the role is 165,000 USD to 295,000 USD. The final offer will be determined on an individualised basis using a number of variables, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience and education, internal relativity, and specific work location. At Standard Chartered Bank, Base pay is only part of the total compensation package. Discretionary variable pay and a range of attractive bank sponsored benefit programs are available and designed to foster employee overall health and well-being including, but not limited to, a best in class 401k plan with up to 8% employer match, robust medical plan coverage with employer funded Health Savings Accounts, inclusive family building benefits, and flexible/hybrid working arrangements for many of our positions subject to role specific considerations.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers