Director, Volcker Compliance Global Markets
- Base salary, bonus and excellent benefits
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
The Project Manager position is to support our client's Volcker Rule Program, implementing ongoing enhancements and controls, and provide subject matter expertise on this and related regulatory deliverables. Our client is a well regarded, global investment bank based in New York.
• Manage a portfolio of projects and resources to meet Volcker regulatory and business requirements, including design and implementation of priority initiatives.
• Drive definition of holistic end-to-end solutions to regulations or strategic change initiatives.
• Define deliverables and manage detailed implementation plans required to support solutions.
• Manage and oversee internal and external resources to meet deliverables.
• Coordinate with subject matter experts and business unit stakeholders to define and implement ongoing conformance with relevant Volcker Rule provisions.
• Develop and manage relationships with sponsors and stakeholders across business lines and supporting infrastructure teams.
• Drive workstream delivery through full project lifecycle managing core project tasks and meetings including updates for senior stakeholders.
• Interact and drive technology to deliver within timeframes.
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with the Volcker Rule
• COO/business management experience within a front office environment, or management consulting experience, with a proven track record or large scale change management
• Experience in one or more Global Markets products in Debt or Equities
• Sound understanding of the macro investment banking environment and industry initiatives, particularly around regulation
• In-depth understanding and application of project management methodologies across delivery lifecycle
• Extremely proficient using standard IB and PM tools, e.g.: MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project
• Effective leader and motivator comfortable managing a number of resources and disparate projects from initiation through to delivery
• Demonstrate thought leadership, innovation, good judgment and problem solving skills
• Confidence and ability to convincingly structure, summarize, present and defend recommendations and outcomes, with excellent relationship building skills
• Adept at synthesizing large amounts of information and providing concise messaging
• Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and requests, and meet tight deadlines
• Able to work well under pressure and always with a professional demeanor
• Motivated, self-starting - able to initiate projects ensuring appropriate sponsorship, governance, funding and resources are available
• Able to influence and challenge key decision makers, peer groups, internal service providers and functions outside direct control
• Ability to determine and resolve project slippage, scope changes, and prioritize deliverables to ensure critical milestones are met
• Solid Undergraduate Degree