Director, Structured Inventory Products
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Ensure the SIP business achieves its budget, originate SIP+ deals and continually strive for operational efficiencies in business processes.
- Grow SIP presence in the US - with existing clients, new clients and expanded product capabilities.
- Ensuring the SIP business performs to the revenue and cost budgets and other qualitative / quantitative performance targets set by the business head and FM Management team.
- Responsible for ensuring timely booking of trades into the Group's trade processing systems (as per standards described in the FM Code of Conduct). Ensuring the individual is adhering to all relevant Group policies, product approvals, procedures and codes of conduct laid out by the bank for the product.
- Effective management of the operational risk while adhering to all risk limits defined for the product and the trader. Proactive escalation of issues affecting or potentially impacting the Group's risk control teams
- Ensure all governance and control frameworks are adhered to. Adhere to the FM Code of Conduct while dealing with clients and others internally and externally. Ensure adherence to all local and global regulations relevant to the product line. Where deficiencies are found within the control framework, drive escalation and resolution.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders, including shareholders, regulators, governments, customers, staff and the communities within which the Group operates
- Client relationship teams (Sales and Banking)
- Legal and Compliance
- Operations and Middle Office
- Product Control and Finance
- Commodity Trading and Sales
- Risk Functions (MTCR, Operational Risk)
- Commodity Transaction Management Unit
- Client's management
- Traders and brokers
- Relevant Exchanges, Clearing Houses
- Peer group and other banks
- Trade Associations
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.