- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Director, Software Architect
Location: New York, NY, USA
- Developing and maintaining a formal inventory of REIS data and data structures
- Working with data operations, research, product teams and upper management to identify data and infrastructure needs and provide guidance on how to extract, transform and load the data and integrating the new data and applications with master data and other existing data.
- Design and implement an efficient and cutting-edge Cloud First strategy for REIS Collaborate in the design and implementation of REIS property ID
- Define an architecture that allows proprietary and third party data to be easily matched
- Leverage new/latest technologies that allows and efficient configuration, as well as easy integration of new data sets
- Support other needs from data ops, research, product, other MA business lines and customers.
- Provide research and development proof of concepts to employ technology in order to solve existing and future business and technical challenges
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to junior members of the team
- 10+ years of experience
- Management/leadership of distributed teams and leveraged contractors and worked collaboratively with others across functions
- Proficient in relational database technologies like Oracle, SQLServer
- Solid experience with AWS and Cloud infrastructure
- Working experience with ETL design and tooling (Airflow, Talend, CloverETL)
- Understanding of data security and privacy methodologies.
- Experience with a high level programming language (JAVA, C#) and general computing or mathematical languages such as R and/or Python.
- Proven track record of building CI/CD pipelines and a sold understanding of source control and data pipelines and workflows
- Experience with streaming data frameworks (spark, kafka)
- Experience with containers and container management systems (docker, kubernetes)
- Experience with big data frameworks or technologies (Hadoop, hive)
- Working experience or exposure to Cold Fusion, a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.