Director, Senior Software and Data Engineer - Aladdin Product Group, Accounting
Description About this role
As a Senior Software and Data Engineer, youâ€™ll provide technical leadership to build BlackRockâ€™s Aladdin Accounting platform, working closely with Product Management and Design. Our primary objective is to ensure that systems are highly scalable to support ongoing business demands and client requirements. The team is responsible for delivering tools used by Operations and Finance professionals at BlackRock and Aladdin clients to calculate Portfolio Valuation, Official Performance and Investment Accounting. Accounting and Performance functionality contributes heavily to the evolution of the Aladdin platform which directly influences the product market share.
The team has a global footprint with team members in New York, Atlanta, Delaware and Gurgaon. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to make architectural decisions and understand business processes to deliver the cleanest solutions. They should be highly motivated to create, optimize, or redesign data pipelines and computation platforms to support our next generation of products and facilitate deeper analysis.
- Coordinate and plan with your peers in other offices around the globe - Platform-wide solution for data ingress, transformation and egress - Data API specification and implementation
- Process engineering and optimization around data governance, oversight and production - Share responsibility for architecting and implementing the firms accounting platforms
- Create and operationalize data pipelines to enable squads to deliver high quality data-driven product
- Partner with 3rd parties (like Consulting Firms) and develop technical specifications - Own responsibility for availability, scalability, performance and capacity from development through production for a critical strategic build of the new accounting platform - Reduce errors on deployments, improve reliability, and increase speed of implementation through automation - Continuously refine and improve our toolset to improve our data and persistence layers
- 10+ years of experience in Engineering, including at least 3 years in architecture roles
- Experience building multi-tier, scalable, fault tolerant web applications - Experience with platform integrations and designing service APIs
- Experience with building and optimizing â€big dataâ€™ pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Extensive experience in enterprise software development in Java and web development stacks (Angular, NodeJS, HTML & CSS)
- Knowledge of OLTP and OLAP, data warehousing, and experience with distributed computing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka - Experience with Sybase, Cassandra, and other sql/nosql solutions
- Event / Stream processing technologies
- Extensive Service-Oriented Architecture patterns and design knowledge and familiarity with cloud based services
- Expertise with identity management, authentication and information security best practices
- Expertise in working with complex cross-domain applications in a global organization across multiple time zones
- Experience using Agile methodologies â€" previous experience working from a backlog, sprints, retrospectives etc Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being.Â Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their childrenâ€™s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment â€" the one we make in our employees. Itâ€™s why weâ€™re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com |Â www.blackrock.com/corporate Â | Instagram:Â @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock Â | LinkedIn:Â www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Â We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.