Director, Scrum Master
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Director, Scrum Master Department Overview:
The Fitch Group Scrum Master Center of Excellence (CoE) is a global chapter dedicated to supporting, empowering and knowledge sharing for all organizational Agile practitioners. It is a community focused on evangelizing Scrum values and principles, helping Scrum teams follow best practices and lean processes, growing and supporting members in increasing their knowledge and expertise, while focusing on collaboration, continuous improvement and business value delivery. The Scrum Master CoE is also a critical component to Fitch's Agile transformation and ongoing management. The Scrum Master CoE is part of the CTO Office. Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master with technical and business acumen, who can collaborate on the next generation of digital products for Fitch's internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will have experience in managing multiple Scrum teams as well as experience working with product owners and a variety of stakeholder groups. This position requires the ability to balance thought leadership, implementation know-how and team facilitation. Further, this role includes coaching and leading the teams you work with trough an Agile transformation; assisting everyone involved with understanding the core principles of Agile, adopting the Scrum best practices and generally exploring new ways of working. The candidate will also have management and mentorship responsibilities within the Chapter. Key responsibilities:
- Guide, coach and motivate the team with the goal of increasing Agile fluency and adoption
- Provide management oversight and/or mentorship to other Scrum Masters
- Organize and lead Scrum ceremonies
- Oversee and manage scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that support business goals
- Remove impediments or guide the team to remove impediments
- Facilitate discussions, decision making and conflict resolution
- Coordinate activities with other teams across the program
- Partner with and support the Product Owner and other leads/stakeholders
- Participate in the Scrum of Scrums and partner with other Scrum Masters
- Promote and demonstrate core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility
- Ensure the team is tracking and communicating their progress through a set of Agile metrics
- Empower the team to self-organize around achieving their commitments
- Challenge and enable the team to continuously improve through intentional and data driven inspect and adapt cycles
- Engage with Agile coaches to help identify and deliver on training needs in support of Agile best practices
- Provide constructive feedback to CoE members to help drive Agile maturity
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and best practices to progress CoE mission
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Finance or Business Management, or equivalent experience
- Experience in coaching and development of squads and other Scrum Masters
- Experience in managing and mentoring people
- A continuous improvement mind-set and dedication to uncovering better ways of working
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to organization's new ways of working through greater collaboration & breaking down of silos
- 10+ years of working experience in various Agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, etc.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- In-depth knowledge of Jira and Confluence a plus
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.