Director, Sales/Business Development
Description About this role About this role
The Director of US Enterprise Business Development is responsible for developing and winning new mandates for the range of Aladdin Wealth enterprise SaaS offerings in the US, and for expanding our market presence to new clients and segments. This individual will bring to the position strong business development and executive relationship building skills, a track record of results, an understanding of the US wealth landscape, experience in selling, implementing or supporting technology, and a strategic perspective on ways to grow the Aladdin Wealth franchise for maximum commercial impact. About BlackRock Solutions and Aladdin Wealth
BlackRock Solutions offers investment management technology, risk management services, and wealth management tools through the Aladdin platform. Aladdin has grown to be used by over 270 organizations worldwide, including wealth managers, banks, financial institutions, insurance companies, official institutions, pension funds, asset managers, asset servicers and other investors. In 2020 BlackRock Solutions generated over $1 billion in technology services revenues.
Aladdin Wealth is an industry-leading technology platform powering the future of wealth management. Built on the portfolio and risk analysis technology used by BlackRock and sophisticated institutions globally, we are changing how advisors engage with individual investors and transforming wealth management businesses. We help advisors and their clients see the world in a way few others can. With a clearer picture of what's happening within portfolios, advisors can improve investment outcomes, provide better insights and build more meaningful relationships with clients. Aladdin Wealth partners with wealth managers to help them oversee enterprise risk, analyze and stress test client holdings, construct better portfolios, generate rich proposals, and enhance their value proposition. Key Attributes
The Director of US Enterprise Business Development for Aladdin Wealth Tech will have the following attributes:
- Business Development Skills : Proven track record of developing new business, preferably in financial services enterprise SaaS technology. Patience and persistence in the context of long enterprise technology sales cycles.
- Executive Relationship Building : Gravitas to represent Aladdin Wealth credibly and to build long-term relationships with senior decisionmakers across functions at wealth managers, as a trusted advisor, problem solver and business partner. Ability to understand clients' business objectives and to help them leverage Aladdin Wealth capabilities to achieve their firm's goals.
- Excellent Communication and Negotiation Skills. The ability to create and deliver high quality communications and client presentations. Effective negotiator of mutually beneficial enterprise technology contracts.
- US Wealth Market Expertise : Knowledge of the commercial and technology needs of US wealth management firms and their advisors. Ability to quickly understand competing wealth tech offerings and how we can position Aladdin Wealth offerings for maximum success in the market.
- Product Depth and Technical Acumen : A strong appetite to learn the Aladdin Wealth suite of capabilities, identify product-market fit for clients, and articulate the benefit of our technology to wealth management clients. Technical acumen to partner with product teams and client counterparts to demonstrate Aladdin Wealth capabilities, envision technically feasible workflows and enhance our offerings.
- Commercial Orientation : Understanding where to source the highest revenue opportunities while taking into account development costs and not overcommitting engineering resources.
- Ability to Execute : Ability to drive execution of multi-level sales from profiling and sourcing opportunities, through to proofs of concept, contracting and implementation. Ability to partner with product, implementation, and relationship management functions to deliver an excellent client experience.
- 9+ years of relevant business development experience, ideally in wealth management or asset management
- Background working with enterprise technology in financial services beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver compelling presentations and technical demonstrations
- Strong technical acumen with curiosity and an ability to get into the weeds
- Experience in collaborating creatively with clients, product teams, and technical resources to craft and deliver technology solutions
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize market feedback to suggest new product improvements or markets for our offerings
- Proven ability to build strong internal relationships across product, engineering, legal and implementations functions in support of clients
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving and teamwork skills
- Bachelor's degree required
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress. This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.