Director Program Management Office - Launch Management
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 Oct 18
Director Program Management Office - Launch Management
The Role: Director, Program Management Office - Launch Management
The Team: The Global Program Management Office (GPMO) of S&P Global is responsible for the project framework used to vet, prioritize, resource, execute, and track technology and content projects across S&P Global. The PMO facilitates the priorities, measures and improves the process to deliver on those priorities, provides transparency into related activities, and manages the tools used to manage these processes.
Among our division-wide programs is Launch Management. Launch Management plays an integral part of S&P Global Market Intelligence's business development life cycle, employing repeatable processes to control risk, manage communications and align go to market deliverables which ultimately support the successful release of internal and external products and the adoption and retention of our products.
The Impact: Holding the title, you will work well within a collaborative team to adapt Launch Management to more frequent (monthly) release. In doing so you will:
- Recommend and implement new tools for managing the workflow and deliverables.
- Identify opportunities for refinement, automate a much as possible and eliminate non-value-add activities.
- Work with stakeholders in the technology and business teams to make Launch Management part of the normal course of business and link in with other change initiatives pertaining to Agile and DevOps.
- In managing the day to day activities of Launch management, you will manage a small team of Program Managers who facilitate the process by doing the following:
- Driving action and accountability across all contributing functions and teams
- Acting as a communication hub and key interface for stakeholders and teams
- Managing complexity and ensuring alignment by using a process that documents roles and responsibilities, and tracks milestones and deliverables
- Facilitating processes to ensure teams (external and internal) are effectively enabled with to go to market tools and resources
What's in it for you?The PMO & Launch Management teams work closely with all internal divisions and in this role, you will gain exposure to release and launch workflows and activities across global business units. The team supports our rapidly-growing business, and thus allows for many opportunities to become involved in other S&P Global Market Intelligence activities and initiatives.
- Develop a new Launch Management Process to adapt to a monthly release cadence.
- Manage the S&P Global Market Intelligence external and internal release processes and team, including defining and formulating release/launch and Go To Market deliverables to ensure alignment to established software development processes in an effort to meet business needs.
- Manage web and mobile product, content and MS Office launch management processes across Market Intelligence global organization.
- Ensure heightened accountability and awareness for all product releases, reducing organization risk and yielding higher Go To Market results.
- Define, track and manage release content and schedules.
- Lead and provide direction to all affected teams to ensure software release activities are managed and coordinated accordingly.
- Provide administrative support to launch stakeholders to maximize business workflows.
- Act as a liaison between the departments and stakeholders to keep everyone informed and focused on key launch related projects.
- Coordinate and support launch program logistics.
- Provide support to stakeholders, including scheduling of meetings, trainings and check-ins; ensuring participant lists and invites are kept current
- Work collaboratively with various internal departments to establish clear stakeholder expectations to ensure all deliverables are completed on-time
- Works with or leads cross-team stakeholders involved in an assigned project and complete tasks for successful project completion
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit: S&P Global Market Intelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.