The Director Product Marketing will be the driver of growth at CFRA by linking Product, Technology, Sales, Marketing and Research to shape the strategic and tactical marketing roadmap for all CFRA products and client segments globally. The role will report to the Chief Product Officer / Chief Technology Officer and help to define how CFRA products are perceived both externally and internally via effective positioning, messaging, and go-to-market strategies by knowing our customers and our competitors needs and offerings.
The role will be obsessed with understanding and defining our customer’s needs to define client personas and unique selling propositions for each segment to shape CFRA’s “One Voice”, a reflection of our customer’s voice for differentiated solutions. Unified product positioning will guide development of our PR strategy, web property copy, campaigns, collateral, webinars, presentation, and support materials. A passionate focus on performance analytics data to design and test marketing strategies followed by refining them quickly will be required to optimally manage marketing spend across channels to identify the most effective strategies.
Self-starters with vision and agency looking to take their career to the next level and who thrive when given the opportunity to shape unstructured situations in very fast-paced financial services markets will be drawn to the opportunity to work with clients that include the most sophisticated investors in the world, thousands of financial advisors, and millions of individuals investors. You will lead a team with the ability to quickly assess options, develop strategies and take them to market with the creativity and execution that is the hallmark of a master product marketer.
We are looking for candidates that value collaboration with superb colleagues, managing and building a team, being on stage and having an immediate, tangible impact for a leading global independent financial insights and data company.
- Build, lead and motivate a highly effective and nimble marketing team that delivers exceptional results in the form of sales and brand visibility to deliver sales growth through campaigns and lead generation.
- Lead and orchestrate go-to-market execution with precision and foresight to plan large scale, complex product launches and enhancements with global marketing campaigns. Ability to consider the appropriate nuances for each type of product launch and campaign.
- Own the “voice of customer” data collection and analysis to synthesize clearly articulated needs of customers by segment, client, and person to develop positioning and sales campaigns. Select and implement microsurvey tools and in-app notifications for collecting user data.
- Ability to lead copywriting of positioning and messaging for all internal and external facing communications with a distinct consistent CFRA “One voice” approach inclusive of sales collateral, one pagers, pitch decks, website copy, social media posts, blog posts etc.
- Discover, define, refine and impactfully communicate client needs into very effective tactical growth campaigns measured by appropriate KPIs.
- Manage relationships with PR agency, social media, advertisers, external consultants, event sponsors, marketing partners within CFRA broader product strategy.
- Work to maintain strong market intelligence, keeping up to date on financial trends per segment, researching the strategies of our competitors and making recommendations for changes to our own strategies.
- Design and develop marketing strategies and program portfolio to run multiple campaigns concurrently that drive demand for our products with creative and innovative marketing practices. Ability to experiment with channels, positioning and refine using a data-driven approach.
- Ability to utilize and procure available third-party data sources that include Big Dough, Discovery Data, and others source while also leading collection of data to structure sales and marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product and Analytical teams to seize timely and topical opportunities to highlight research and products in innovative and novel ways.
- Continuously stay aware and explore the latest marketing technologies and techniques to find the most cost and time effective means of targeting client segments in financial services. Deliver results at scale. Manage integration of Salesforce, Salesloft, Sprout, Pardot and similar tools.
- Implement and maintain scalable, repeatable best-in-class marketing processes that aligns all parties to maximize growth potential.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing / MBA preferred with 10+ years of product marketing experience with 5 years in financial service (wealth management or institutional preferred)
- Excellent and demonstrated written and oral communications skills. Eloquent yet precise. Ability to craft persona-specific strategic positioning for collateral, marketing, and presentations.
- Team building and management skills to work within a fast-paced organization to set expectations and processes.
- Growth oriented and effective problem-solving skills; comfortable in highly unstructured and complex scenarios managing campaigns across market segments to different audiences.
- Experience leading brand positioning and maintaining web and mobile product marketing while working very closely with product and graphic designers and UI/UX teams
- Superior data analysis and decision synthesis skills leveraging data for SEO, SEM, web analytics, campaign analytics and competitive data. Adobe / Google Analytics. Familiar with marketing analytics aggregation or business intelligence tools to connect data across platforms and marketing stages.
- Keen knowledge of salesforce automation tools; Salesforce, Pardot, Hubspot, Marketo, Salesloft etc. toward building a product marketing ecosystem built on lead automation and generation with constant tuning.
- Significant digital marketing expertise across email, ads, and social media etc.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working.