Director, Product Lead, Portfolio Valuations
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
Markit Portfolio Valuations provides an independent, post-trade valuation service to buy-side institutions globally, covering vanilla and exotic OTC derivatives, cash instruments and structured notes across all asset classes. The service also offers clients the ability to receive an aggregated set of counterparty marks for their trades. This Director will have global product responsibility for the Portfolio Valuations offering across the Equity, FX and Commodity asset classes, as well as the Structured Products framework.
Duties & Accountabilities
- Overall responsibility for the methodologies, models and system capabilities used for the valuation of derivative portfolios across the relevant asset classes, and for the quality of valuation results produced by the platform.
- Definition and execution of product development strategy, roadmap and resource prioritisation for the Portfolio Valuations offering across the relevant asset classes.
- Line management of a team of eight product specialists across New York and London, and regional leadership for the wider team in New York.
- Close collaboration with quant developer, technology, project management, operational and business development teams globally.
- Representation of the product in customer and pre-sales engagements, as the subject matter expert on derivative pricing across the relevant asset classes.
- Driving or participating in global projects and initiatives that require product expertise in these asset classes, or that are strategic for the business. Ability to manage and motivate teams in the context of change.
- Resolution of complex price queries or challenges requiring deep asset class knowledge.
Education and Experience
- Degree in a quantitative or technical discipline, ideally relevant to financial mathematics or engineering.
- Demonstrable experience of derivative pricing as an area of specific expertise, including familiarity with the relevant models, data inputs and market context.
- Customer-facing experience, preferably also in commercial contexts
- Team management, and experience working across functions and regions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with development teams, or direct experience in a product development or product management role
- Must have general understanding of financial markets, in particular derivatives markets
- Must embrace the importance of high service levels as part of a commercial relationship
- Understanding of the buy-side vendor valuation space desirable, as well as familiarity with typical customers
- Must be comfortable working in a customer focussed environment, with consideration given to company strategy and reputation
- Strong leadership and management skills with a collaborative and constructive demeanour
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, including in interaction with customers
- Self-starter with the ability to develop and gain support for new ideas
- Clear, structured and professional in both writing and speech. Excellent interpersonal communication.
- Ability to tailor communication to a variety of audiences, from customers and prospects to senior management or larger groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to be able to communicate and influence effectively across functions and teams.
- Appreciation of the function, ownership and motivations of various teams and how best to interact with them.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivalled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence.
IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.