Director, Prime Risk Manager
Prime Risk Manager
New York, 745 Ave
The Prime Services US Risk Manager will oversee risk taking activities by and for our clients within Prime. The responsibilities include in depth analytics of financial instruments across platforms, products and asset classes. The Prime Risk Manager will navigate relationships with Sales, Trading, Compliance, IT, Legal, Credit and Market Risk partners, as well as having Senior Management accountability within Prime Finance and Equity division. The role is client facing and involves working independently as well as working alongside Sales with prospective and existing Prime clients.
The Prime business covers global clients, and Risk Managers within the team, while specialize within respective regions, cover clients globally and interact with global Prime Finance teams and control partners.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Valuation of financial instruments and development of risk and margin methodologies.
- In depth research to calibrate and invent new margin product offering as well design of new risk factors and their mitigation.
- Problem solving include analytical risk decisions with clients and internally. Client facing and decision making.
What we're looking for:
- Knowledge of financial markets, financial instruments, their pricing models, across multiple asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Rates, FX, linear and non-linear) and multiple product platforms (central clearing, OTC, complex structuring, cash and TRS).
- An affinity for risk and pricing analysis of these instruments in the context of client portfolios and for principal positions.
- Someone who is detail orientated with strong quantitative decision making skills.
- The successful candidate should work well with control partners (Legal, Credit Risk, etc.) and have the ability to manage stakeholders on risk decisions.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Advanced degree in Math, Financial Math, Operational Research, Stats, Computer Science
- Ability to performs independent research to develop new and enhance existing model frameworks
- Knowledge of financial instruments, their risk analytics and pricing for rates, volatility and equity and equity linked linear and nonlinear products
- Experience handling clients' business within Prime Services
- Programming skills
- Experience with global markets (US and EMEA)
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.