Director, MarkitServ Business Development, Repo
Company & Team - "About Us"
OSTTRA is a joint venture owned 50/50 by CME Group and IHS Markit. It is the home of MarkitServ, Traiana, TriOptima & Reset.
The MarkitServ processing business provides electronic legal confirmation services for Rates, Credit, FX, and Equities OTC derivatives. The services enable financial institutions to streamline workflow and trade life-cycle events, connect to counterparties more effectively and comply with regulatory requirements. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
The Business Development team is responsible for creating and managing relationships with strategic partners that support the MarkitServ business objectives. We're looking for a Senior Business Development representative with Repo experience to help build our newly launched Repo Confirmation and Clearing service. You will work closely with business and product leaders to identify and execute the strategy for the success of this product. This will involve deal scoping and negotiation, strategy building, establishing relationships with internal and external partners and setting key metrics and achieving them.
Key responsibilities include:
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Develop and execute the partnership strategy that will help to achieve the MarkitServ business objectives
- Ability to work across different types of businesses, with different levels in the firm, and with second line functions including legal, compliance, operations. Etc
- Ability to partner closely with internal Product partners to ensure product requirements and delivery meet customer expectation
- Create and manage strong relationships with market participants that will help drive growth and adoption of MarkitServ's products
- Help establish Repo strategy across broad MarkitServ customer base
- Help establish a sales plan and go-to-market strategy with colleagues in Sales and Account Management
- Responsible for P&L
- A creative and inquisitive thinker who finds ways to unblock challenging problems
- A motivated self-starter who takes initiative
- 5-7 years of experience supporting Repo within a Bank or a Buyside firm
- Someone with great commercial and product instincts
- You motivate teams to perform at a high level with great coaching and guidance
- A strong communicator who is comfortable presenting to senior executives both internally and externally
- You have had a broad experience developing and implementing strategies including complex, bespoke deals, and scalable/repeatable initiatives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
- Comprehensive understanding of recent developments in Repo space including regulatory requirements such as SFTR
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.